(PIE) Customer Service Agent
Company: Allegiant Airlines
Posted on: January 16, 2019
What does a Customer Service Agent do for Allegiant?
This position is responsible for providing customer service to all customers, including scheduled or charter services. Customer Service agents must be attentive to the customer's needs, politely handling their inquiries promptly, and completing the required transactions per company policy and procedures.
What are some of the daily duties of a Customer Service Agent?
* The ideal candidate must be people oriented, highly motivated with a positive and friendly attitude
* Process tickets, check baggage, monitor carry-on baggage for size and quantity, and assign seats
* Provide information on arrival and departure times, boarding procedures, carry-on regulations, and seat assignments
* Handle denied boarding situations, solicit volunteers, re-accommodate customers and provide hotel, meal, and taxi vouchers when appropriate
* Ensure compliance with FAA, Allegiant Air and airport regulations
* Enforce safety/security measures and monitor sensitive safety zones
* Assist Customers with special needs, i.e., Customers who need assistance in boarding
* Ad hoc assignments as requested by the Lead or Supervisor
* Complete required reports
* Meets arriving flights at baggage carousel to ensure proper handling of bags
* Monitors baggage carousel for unclaimed baggage
* Stores unclaimed bags in Baggage Service Office until claimed or turned over to System Baggage Services
* Handles delayed baggage issues, ensuring a written report is completed and follows up with customers until the bag is located, or the file is sent to Systems Baggage Services
* Inform customers of Allegiant Air policies and procedures, re: lost, damaged, or replacement baggage and pilferage claims
* Provides consequential expenses to applicable customers when there is a delayed bag
* Ensure delivery of baggage to the affected customer for late arriving or miss-loaded bags
* Follow-up with customers regarding lost baggage, replacement of damaged bags, car seats, strollers, etc.
* Trace loaner wheelchairs, car seats, etc.
* Track replaced, damaged, and miss-loaded baggage
* Assists with lost and found articles
What are the minimum requirements to be a Customer Service Agent?
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Minimum of 1-year Customer Service experience, preferably in the airline industry
What other skills, knowledge, and qualifications are needed to be a Customer Service Agent?
* Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
* Ability to work efficiently under time constraints
* Must be available to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, holidays, and long hours during irregular operations
* Must be well groomed and adhere to the dress code policy
* Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver s license
* Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
* Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
* Able to attend required training
* Basic computer skills and ability to use general office equipment
* TRAINEE STATUS: Upon offer of employment, you will remain in trainee status until successful completion of all practical and written curriculum is completed
What are the physical requirements of a Customer Service Agent?
* Must be able to push/pull 300 pounds. Must be able to pick up 70 pounds, from the floor to waist level or higher then carry it in front of you with both hands for a distance of up to 25 feet and have the ability to lift that same weight above shoulders on a continuous basis; must have physical dexterity sufficient to perform repetitive tasks and motions, including bending at the waist and knees, squatting, kneeling, crawling, twisting and sustaining those positions for extended amounts of time. Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position. Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (High Visibility clothing, Ear protection, safety glasses) when required
Allegiant is an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate against qualified applicants or Team Members with respect to any terms or conditions of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, military service status, union/non-union activity, citizenship status, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. This includes compliance with all federal, state and local laws providing for nondiscrimination on the basis of disability in all aspects of the employment process and the requirement to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with those laws.
Keywords: Allegiant Airlines, Clearwater , (PIE) Customer Service Agent, Sales , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!