Channel Sales Manager
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Own The Role:Tied to SP6's proprietary software product (the
Splunk App for CMMC, as well as future SIEM-agnostic versions of
CMMC cybersecurity compliance software), the Channel Manager will
both build and manage SP6's channel sales partnerships and
program.The (3) primary components of this role include:
Channel partner recruitmentPartner
enablementDriving revenue through partners -How You'll Drive
Success:Business PlanningWork collaboratively with SP6 senior
- Define and implement strategic business plans tied to target
channel partners (specifically, Named Accounts that SP6 will target
as key channel partners).
- Ensure expectations and goals are defined, met, and attained in
creating and closing opportunities from Channel Partners.
- Communicate regularly on funnel/account/partner status,
resource requirements, challenges, and successes.Channel
- Recruit channel partners that will resell SP6's software, from
(3) different segments:
- Global System Integrators (GSI's)
- National Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- Be accountable for developing and managing executive
relationships with channel partners.
- Create compelling relationships with these channel partners, in
order to drive actual sell-thru of SP6's CMMC software and
- Work closely with the partners to help them to grow their
knowledge of SP6's software and consulting solutions, so that these
solutions can effectively be positioned and sold.
- Run and track partner enablement (sales and presales).Sales
- Drive sell-thru of SP6 CMMC software and services to channel
partner end users, via:
- Acting as the liaison to bridge SP6 sellers and channel partner
sellers to joint selling activity led by identified channel
- Working with channel partners to perform account mapping
sessions to determine which channel partner accounts are ideal
profiles for SP6's CMMC solutions.
Meet established sales targets tied
to software license and new customer acquisition.Conflict
- Design a deal registration process that minimizes channel
conflict among channel partners and between SP6 and its channel
- Escalation for any issues that arise between SP6, channel
partners, and/or any end customers.
- Manage any channel conflict incidents to a quick and clear
resolution.Initial Program Set-up
Take ownership and complete:Working
with the external legal team to construct channel partner
agreement(s)Evaluate software solutions for deal registration
(Impartner Software, Salesforce.com, others)Work with the Demand
Gen team to develop Content to share with external partners to
promote SP6's channel partner programWork with SP6's internal sales
team to communicate and train them on the channel program (how it
works, rules of engagement, and other considerations)What else? -To
- Prior successful experience in
developing and growing a software channel sales program.
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth start-up
in which there is a sense of urgency, and an understanding that
needs and priorities may shift and be able to nimbly adjust course
as business needs or priorities adjust.Key Required Soft Skills
- High sense of ownership and driven self-starter. SP6 is
successfully built on people who want to climb the mountain to
plant their flag and the company's flag, as opposed to someone who
needs to be pushed uphill!
- Passion for managing and developing partners.
- Organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial and enthusiastic about navigating and
succeeding in a rapidly evolving business.
- You have a scrappy, 'get-it-done' attitude; resourceful and
- Can be counted on to act with high integrity and communicate
with honesty, openness, and respect.
- Excellent writing and communication skills. -Work Location:
(2) days in the office, (3) days
We do believe that team interaction
is critical, particularly in this role where there will be
significant collaboration with other team members, across both SP6
sales, leadership, and demand generation. -Travel Requirement:
Will likely require travel once or
twice per month in order to be in front of key channel partners. -
This is especially true during the initial roll-out of the SP6
channel program, during which getting in front of new partners,
establishing our CMMC solutions as top-of-mind, and driving
software sell-through via channel partner sales teams will be
This role is anticipated to be
comprised of a 50% mix of each base salary and variable
- Variable compensation will be based on
closed revenue through channel partners.
- A small piece (10%ish) of the variable compensation is tied to
successfully recruiting new qualified partners into the program.
-There's a certain amount of burn-off in any channel program, so
regularly refreshing the group will be necessary to succeed in this
role. -Why SP6?
- Recognized as one of North America's top Splunk resellers and
professional service partners
- Company-paid Splunk training and certification, both initial
- Help to build and mature a company from its early stages of
- Career laddering opportunities that come with an organization
that is growing in size
- Excellent technical leadership as well as the ability to
collaborate with team members that, like you, are passionate about
their role in our growing company
- Competitive salary
- 100% employer-paid health insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- For tech team members, exposure to a broad set of technical
challenges, use cases, and different technologies that integrate
with Splunk -Company Summary:SP6 is primarily a cybersecurity,
cyber compliance, and technology analytics organization with (4)
primary lines of focus:
Software reseller (VAR or Value-Added
Reseller)Professional Services (project-based consulting)Managed
Services (ongoing, outsourced services)Proprietary developed
softwareSpecifically, our organization has historically been
focused on one particular solution: Splunk software, a tool used
for both SIEM (Security Incident and Event Management) and
Enterprise Monitoring. SP6 is now introducing proprietary software
solutions tied to CMMC cybersecurity compliance. This Channel Sales
Manager role will be dedicated to this proprietary software. -Other
Considerations:All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other
applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in
which you are applying.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: SP6, Clearwater , Channel Sales Manager, Sales , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...