Client Service Representative II
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Overview This is a mid-level position responsible for processing
all release of medical records information requests in a timely and
efficient manner ensuring accuracy and providing customers with the
highest quality product and customer service. In addition to the
duties and responsibilities specified for this role, the Client
Service Representative II is able to independently perform and
fulfill all the duties and responsibilities of the Client Service
Representative I position. Associate must at all times safeguard
and protect the patient's right to privacy by ensuring that only
authorized individuals have access to the patient's medical
information and that all releases of information are in compliance
with the request, authorization, company policy and HIPAA
- Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
- Full Benefits: PTO, Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance and
401k Savings Plan & Tuition Assistance
- Location: This role will be performed at one location
(Clearwater, FL 33759)
- Required Experience: Customer Service, Data Entry, Release of
Information #ZR Responsibilities
- Exercises sound judgment and critical thinking skills in the
execution of job duties and knows when to ask for guidance and/or
share information with supervisor and/or manager for uncommon ROI
- Assists with the training of associates in the Client Service
Representative I position.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of esmartlog, smartlink, rep on
line and other work tools and software.
- Generates reports from e-smartlog, rep on line and other tools
and software as directed by Manager and/or Supervisor.
- Submits weekly reports as directed by Manager, Operations
- Receives incoming requests for information and responds to
requests by opening mail, assisting walk-ins and telephone
inquiries, and retrieving facsimile inquiries in a timely
- Date stamps all requests and highlights pertinent data to
- Validates requests and authorizations for release of medical
information according to established procedures and HIPAA
- Completes release of information requests including retrieving
patient's medical charts and returning charts, copying/scanning
medical records accurately and correctly, according to requests,
established procedures, and established standards of quality and
productivity; and electronically transmits medical record to
- Reviews the accuracy of scanned documents and ensures documents
reflect the details specified by the requestor.
- Performs quality checks on all work to assure accuracy of the
release, confidentiality, and proper invoicing.
- Maintains equipment in excellent operating condition (inside
and out) and troubleshoot equipment issues with assistance from the
Help Desk department.
- Provides excellent customer service by being attentive,
respectful and professional at all times; insures understanding of
customer request and follows-through as promised; being proactive
in identifying and addressing member concerns, or problems.
- Demonstrates helpful and effective telephone etiquette and
customer service skills by providing appropriate information to
- Maintains a neat, clean, and professional personal appearance
and observes the dress code established by The Company or the
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area, insures that records
and files are properly stored before leaving area, and insures
adequate supplies to meet customer requests.
- Maintains working knowledge of the current state laws regarding
fee structure, and HIPAA regulations as well as facility policies
and procedures in regards to release of information.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance and punctuality as
scheduled. Notifies Supervisor and/or Manager if unable to adhere
to daily schedule.
- Adheres to all Company time and attendance policies or
applicable law covering meal breaks and rest periods. Records all
accurate work hours in The Company's designated time keeping system
daily and adheres to the Company's overtime policy and procedures
for requesting time off or change in schedule.
- Works within scope of position and direction; willingly accepts
assignments and is available to take on additional tasks facilities
or assist with ROI backlogs.
- Performs responsibilities in accordance with The Company's and
member facilities policies and procedures and state and federal
labor regulations and works to minimize confidentiality
- Maintains confidentiality, information security and ethical
behavior when handling all Company and medical records information
during transport, storage and disposal. Will not remove medical
records information from member site unless written authorization
is provided by the facility's HIM Director, Company Supervisor,
Manager or Vice President of Operations.
- Attends and participates in required educational training
sessions and staff meetings as scheduled and assigned.
- Ability to adapt to change and respond to difficult and
challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Accepts new assignments willingly to meet business needs.
- Communicates with Manager on an on-going basis, providing
information and data as requested including member's changing needs
- Promptly reports to Manager any customer service concerns
and/or any potential HIPAA violations whether actual or
- Informs Manager of site or work difficulties, special project
requests from facility, and fluctuating volume in daily
- Ability to accurately and efficiently utilize a computer for
data input, retrieval of data, running reports and all other tasks
associated with release of information services and time
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, organize workload and
prioritize work tasks to meet production goals.
- May be required to travel to multiple sites based on the needs
of the region
- Ability to recognize emergency situations within context of job
duties and communicate potential issues to Supervisor and/or
- Maintains knowledge of safety procedures to ensuring a safe
work environment and reports safety concerns to Supervisor and/or
- Maintains a current and valid driver's license and insures
personal automobile insurance is in force and will be maintained,
in at least the amounts required by state law, on any automobile or
transportation that is used in connection with Company duties.
- Checks The Company and other assigned email and communication
systems such as REP Online and member assigned email on a daily
basis. Utilizes assigned tools within established guidelines.
- Performs other tasks as assigned including but not limited to
working at facilities within 50 miles of principal site as business
- Adheres to The Company's Code of Conduct and business
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the English
- Must have at least 1 year of experience preferably with release
of information, medical records, or other related experience in a
- Proven customer service experience and/or training.
- Ability to effectively use computer software and technology as
required by the member facility including Microsoft Word and
- Ability to understand and become knowledgeable of Release of
Information standards, policies & procedures and HIPAA regulations
and to complete work in compliance of these and other
- Ability to read and comprehend simple, healthcare
- Effective organizational skills a must
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use fax, copier, microfilm machine, and multiline
phone system and other required work tools
- Ability to learn new equipment and required processes in a fast
- Must be willing to travel to multiple sites based on the needs
of the region
- Ability to work professionally, effectively, and efficiently in
a team environment with customers, management and co-workers.
- Must be able to multi-task effectively
Keywords: CIOX, Clearwater , Client Service Representative II, Sales , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!