Transportation Claims Specialist
Company: Tech Data Corporation
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Transportation Claims Specialist
Cargo Claims Specialist supports first party cargo claims
investigation processes. He/She provides Transportation guidance
and expertise in complex cargo claim cases, provides cargo claim
resolutions and responds timely to cargo claim resolution disputes
to internal customers, including Finance-Claims and Tech Data
Customer Care (TDCC). The Cargo Claims Specialist shall create and
follow the Tech Data cargo claim adjudication process, and ensure
said processes are conducted effectively while protecting Tech Data
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required:
- Respond to claims escalations, perform research and provides
advice and resolutions to Claims Supervisor. Investigate,
negotiate, and propose cargo claims settlement in accordance with
Tech Data Transportation policy, Conditions of Contract, Warsaw
Convention, Montreal Protocol, and U.S. and International law, 49
CFR, 49 USC (75%)
- Advise Transportation Management, Risk Management and Legal on
specific cargo and liability language and minimum requirements
commensurate with industry expectations, knowledge of carrier
claims practices, Freight Loss/Damage budget and Transportation
Expense budget (10%)
- Plan and conduct loss and damage prevention seminars for
Logistics Centers (LC), Sales, Risk Management, Loss Prevention,
and Finance Claims teams. Schedule and conduct visits at LC s to
discuss Loss and Damage prevention, claims issues, LC performance,
and provides suggestions/help regarding prevention (9%)
- Develop and manage reports from claims database to support
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Additional duties as assigned
- Meets attendance and punctuality standards
- 5 to 8 Years of relevant work experience.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree with Supply Chain/Logistics/Economics Field
of Study preferred.
- Associate Degree with Supply Chain/Logistics/Economics field of
- Other Education / Certifications: Certified Claims Professional
(CCP) via CCPAC or similar; Six Sigma/Lean Sigma; TPCB; CLTD
- Distribution center environment may include: exposure to
extreme temperatures; high noise levels; high places; wet and/or
humid conditions; and outside weather conditions
- Occasional non-standard work hours or overtime as business
- May be located at the Clearwater corporate office or at the
- On-call availability required as necessary.
- Professional, office environment.
- Some travel required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Able to execute instructions and to request clarification when
- Possesses basic clerical and data entry skills.
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy
- Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary
- Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of
- Able to negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively,
and close transactions with mutually beneficial results.
- Possesses strong multi-cultural interpersonal skills.
- Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead,
create new ideas, and be assertive.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills,
driving tasks to completion.
- Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when
faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Able to maintain and promote social, ethical, and
organizational standards in conducting internal and external
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive
- Able to build solid, effective working relationships with
- Able to exhibit ability to be sensitive to the needs, concerns,
and feelings of others.
- Able to quickly learn new systems and technology.
- Able to use relevant computer system applications at an
Join our team to connect the world with the power of
Tech Data is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ,
train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion,
creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any
other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION: The contractor will
not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees
or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Apply Online Below
Keywords: Tech Data Corporation, Clearwater , Transportation Claims Specialist, Professions , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!