Lead Risk Analyst - Bank & Insurance Operations
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Purpose of JobProvides risk management support for a line of
business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement
and aggregation, and the understanding and management of risk
through appropriate practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates
enterprise and business exposures through the identification of key
and emerging risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and
appetite. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that
exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk
mitigation plans. Leads and executes complex initiatives and cross
functional teams within the Chief Risk Office and across the
Enterprise that drive problem resolution. Leverages broad
enterprise knowledge and/or expert knowledge of core business
discipline(s), products and processes.Job RequirementsABOUT
USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40
Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For -, and we've ranked among
Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly - Employers for 13 years
straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage
veterans and veteran spouses -to apply.ABOUT USAA RISK
ManagementUSAA is a growing financial services company and the Risk
Management function at USAA is an important part of this growth. -
It is an exciting time at USAA and in our Risk Management
organization. - We are a diversified team of Risk professionals,
working across all lines of business across USAA operations
(banking, insurance, investments) seeing the incredible growth
first-hand. Working at USAA in Risk Management affords you the
ability to be a part of USAA's noble mission on a daily basis. We
stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.See
what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our
- Identifies and seeks key stakeholders across the enterprise to
support the identification, assessment, aggregation and - the
overall management of risks and controls.
- Presents findings and recommendations to various levels of
- Routinely communicates results of risk assessments to
governance committees, business process owners and various levels
of leadership and influences decision making.
- Develops process and procedures for successful implementation
of new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure
holistic understanding and management of risks according to
industry best practice.
- Develops strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure,
monitor, and report risks.
- Applies expert knowledge to utilize or produce analytical
material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand
business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Leads, assembles and facilitates cross-functional teams to
identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk
- Serves as the point of contact for senior risk leadership on
projects and special management requests that often impact the
enterprise or core operating area.
- Formulates and reviews stress test plans for a line of business
or the enterprise.
- Evaluates results, and frames contingency plans in partnership
with key business stakeholders.
- Crafts key communications to be delivered to executives and
board members.Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a
related field required.
4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of risk management or 8 years operations
experience in a relevant functional area to include banking,
insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public
accounting or other related operational area
Or advanced degree or designation in a quantitative discipline
relevant to risk management and 6 or more years relevant risk
management work experience.
Or PhD in a quantitative discipline and -up to 4 years relevant
risk management work experience.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be
- 8 or more years experience at a large financial institution
executing an enterprise-wide operational risk management program
that adheres to regulatory requirements and expectations
- Deep business acumen in the areas of operational risk, bank and
insurance operations, industry practices and emerging trends
- In-depth knowledge of consumer financial and insurance products
including: credit cards; auto, real estate and consumer unsecured
lending; deposits; auto, property and life insurance; and, contact
/ call center operations
- Proven ability to effectively assess process, risk and
controls, identify emerging risks and issues, analyze large bodies
of risk data, and communicate results in a concise and
comprehensive manner to multiple stakeholders across the
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across the 1st and
2nd Lines of Defense and build collaborative relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skillsThe above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best
benefits package in the business, including a flexible business
casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental
and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
- Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation assistance
is available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Clearwater , Lead Risk Analyst - Bank & Insurance Operations, Professions , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!