Site Reliability Engineer
Posted on: November 4, 2018
Who We Are:
Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company's flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We've created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine's "Great Place to Work" list. We're growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
Malwarebytes is growing rapidly. We are engaged in a constant, escalating fight against malware writers who play by no rules. As a result, we face challenges requiring more than just intelligence and technical fluency. Of equal importance are flexibility, independence, a drive to learn new skills, and a creative approach to problem-solving. We're not looking for people who know all the answers; we want people who can create solutions.
What You Will Do:
- Deploy, administer, monitor and optimize enterprise cloud applications and networks in Amazon AWS and on-premises (co-location datacenters)
- Design and implement complex network topologies in AWS
- Create process and deployment automation tools
- Develop tools to build, maintain, and monitor systems
- Evangalize cloud best practices across engineering teams
- Create comprehensive documentation to a level by which processes are reproducible by others
- Stay abreast of the latest trends in cloud technology and in IT processes.
- Participate in on-call rotation to support our production systems.
- Demonstrated technical capabilities are a must, as are people skills. This position requires an ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a range of stakeholders.
Skills You'll Need to Have:
- Deep knowledge and experience in designing, deploying and administering complex Amazon AWS cloud applications (EC2, ECS, Serverless, S3, RDS, Route53, Elasticache, VPC, VPN, Elastic Beanstalk, CloudFormations, CloudWatch Logs, OpsWorks, etc.)
- An in-depth knowledge of Linux fundamentals, including networking, file systems, security, and the kernel.
- Very strong hands-on knowledge of TCP/IP networking, including both hardware and host-based routing, VLAN's, firewalls, and load balancing.
- Comfortable picking up and learning existing automation code (Bash, Ruby, Python)
- Knowledge of troubleshooting tools for debugging/tuning web services/API's.
- Excellent knowledge of git best practices (Github)
- Strong scripting skills and an eagerness to automate (Bash, Ruby, Python, Powershell)
- Good understanding of modern micro-services architectures using Nginx/Ruby/Rails or Go
- Ability to carry out monitoring and performance metrics analysis using common monitoring tools.
- Design and enforce disaster recovery plans and business continuity contingencies
- Experience being on-call in a 24x7 production environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related disciplines and 3+ years of experience in IT infrastructure services or related field with at least 3 years of RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu or Debian Linux experience. Additional training, technical certification, and/or years experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Amazon AWS
- Linux app stack (Nginx, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, NoSQL)
- Git, Github Enterprise
- Linux system and network administration tools- Syslog, SSH, NMAP, netstat, iostat, tcpdump, traceroute, etc.
- Virtualization- EC2, VMWare and KVM.
- Monitoring And Deployment- Puppet, Foreman, Datadog, Elasticsearch/Kibana
- Source control systems like Git
What We Offer:
- A company who enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, annual global company off-site, experienced a private Star Wars pre-opening day viewing and lots of other great stuff
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- 401(k) matching program
- Open time off policy
- Stocked kitchen with healthy (and some unhealthy) drinks, snacks, fruit and lunch options
- A company who enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, experienced a private Star Wars pre-opening day viewing and lots of other great stuff
Keywords: Malwarebytes, Clearwater , Site Reliability Engineer, Professions , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!