Company: Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics
Posted on: September 29, 2018
At Saint-Gobain we design, manufacture and distribute materials which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. Join our innovative, passionate and entrepreneurial community to improve the world of tomorrow with us.
Under the general supervision of the Plant Manager, the production manager is responsible for the manufacturing operation. This includes the development and leadership of all manufacturing hourly personnel. Assists in the manufacturing, implementation, efficiency, and effectiveness of new and existing products. Ensures production demands are met while maintaining a safe workplace for employees. Responsible for providing supervision and leading the coordination of varied multiple activities to ensure the production of high performance products with the quality, delivery, and cost to meet customers' requirements. Responsible for daily supervision of department personnel and local project management
- Plan and execute production schedule, responsible for meeting on-time delivery objectives, maintain a safe inventory of raw materials and packaging, finished product, and spare parts
- Monitor and react to established performance indicators, including budget variances, production, and quality and safety metrics. Manage scrap reduction programs through operator training, equipment improvements, and schedule optimization.
- Supervise daily activities of subordinates on respective shift. In addition, develop personal/departmental goals and objectives and critique pervious performance with each employee through annual review.
- Manage departmental activities and coordinate with other departments to meet facility and corporate objectives. Review staffing requirements daily/weekly and assign overtime as required.
- Recommend, initiate, and deliver completed projects to continually improve the production efficiency, equipment, and work environments to ensure quality, delivery, and financial goals in an ISO certified facility.
- Responsible for coordination with other departments to include production planning, manufacturing engineering, quality control and product engineering.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understands environmental policies and significant environmental impacts of job activities in accordance with ISO 14001.
- Recommends, initiates and implements projects to continuously improve production equipment, processes and work environment to ensure quality levels in an ISO certified facility
- Assist subordinates in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Communicate with the other shifts, if applicable, the status of parts, equipment and any other matter that might have an impact on the job
- Fully utilize and interface with the local IT systems to ensure complete data input and output on a daily basis and identify and resolve any variance issues.
- Model 5S behaviors and work habits in daily standard of work
- Observe and support all safety rules and regulations
- Investigate and report any incidents, accidents and unsafe conditions to management
- Correctly fill out all time reporting forms and other related paperwork including manufacturing forms, work order documentation, stock movement tickets, scrap tickets, identification tags, approving ECOs, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in a Engineering or Business Administration-Required
- Experience leading, developing and/or training others in a manufacturing environment-3 or more years
- Supervisory experience in a regulated manufacturing environment-6 or more years
- Experience working in a controlled cleanroom environment(s) ISO Class 7-8-Preferred
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 13485, FDA, etc.
- Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and/or Focused Factory experience
- Knowledge of extrusion and plastic injection molding
- Ability to understand the technical portions of the job being supervised
- Must be proficient with navigating internal software used to ensure production and process control
- Strong ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions, drawing or blueprints
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate a team through direct management or matrix management. Must be able to work well in team environment, adapt to change and ability to direct influence in a direct and positive manner
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Project).
Keywords: Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, Clearwater , Production Manager, Professions , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!