Principal Calibration Technician
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Title:Principal Calibration TechnicianKBR Government Solutions
delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that
improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our Metrology
Technicians Resolves group and customer issues, seeks to improve
the overall productivity of the department, anticipates problems
and initiates appropriate actions to eliminate them. Proficient at
understanding and writing reports and work instructions and assists
customers to define technical requirements to meet their objective.
Perform complex maintenance and repair work on equipment to include
the following responsibilities / duties. Our people make the world
a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And that's only
the beginning. In compliance with the U.S. federal governments
vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 or have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical
exception will be considered for this position.Principal Metrology
Technician is r esponsible for the calibration and certifying of
electrical, electronic and Radio / microwave frequency measuring
and test equipment to technical specifications, maintaining
traceability to the National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Performs calibration/repairs on equipment.
- Calibrates standards used in calibrations.
- Provides advanced technical, electronic, and RF instrumentation
equipment repair work, troubleshooting, modifying, testing,
calibrating, adjusting, repairing, and installing electronic,
digital and analog equipment and monitoring devices.
- Conducts uncertainty analysis, develops procedures, and ensures
documentation conforms to Quality Systems requirements.
- Installs new equipment; performs modifications on equipment to
make it compatible with existing equipment or to enhance its
- Makes reports on electronic or instrumentation system
conditions, repairs and preventive maintenance performed; prepares
and maintains repair and maintenance records as required by federal
and department regulations and directives.
- Develops automated procedures using basic/complex programming
- Performs complex configuration and tests of equipment according
to instructions, blueprints, schematic sketches and/or prescribed
- Uses all hand tools and sets up and uses standard machine
tools. Uses common laboratory measuring, calibrating, and test
- Performs troubleshooting in conjunction with design
modification functions involved in production or engineering
- Makes design modification or devises and designs the equipment
- Provides guidance regarding equipment operation to customers
and equipment operators.
- Resolves group and customer issues, seeks to improve the
overall productivity of the department, anticipates problems and
initiates appropriate actions to eliminate them.
- Proficient at understanding and writing reports and work
instructions and assists customers to define technical requirements
to meet their objective.
- Performs complex maintenance and repair work on equipment;
inspects defective electronic equipment to determine malfunction;
reads and interprets schematic diagrams, logic charts, drawings and
sketches and manufacturers manuals; uses computer diagnostics to
isolate area of malfunction; interfaces digital equipment with the
computer and programs equipment and diagnostics functions.
- Performs work safely, incompliant to HS&E requirements, and
takes actions to ensure a safe working environment.
- Interacts effectively with others to produce the desired
- Participates constructively in the utilization of process
improvement methods to provide timely, cost-effective, quality
- Performs routine operational tests to assure the modification
produces desired outputs; evaluates environments in which equipment
is to be installed and how electronic equipment will be
- Maintains records of test data and assists in writing test
procedures and test evaluation reports.
- Applies advanced skills in area of specialization.
- Serves as lead resource to others in the resolution of complex
problems and issues.
- May orient, train, assign and check the work of lower level
- May adapt procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or
equipment appropriate to meet special needs.
- Provides activity and status reports to management.
- Performs all other duties as assigned. Qualifications: Specific
contract requirements regarding education and experience will
- Associate degree or applicable technical training and
certifications and 7 year of directly related experience.
equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- U.S. Citizenship Status required due to client
- Military PMEL/TMDE/Metrology training preferred.
- Troubleshooting and Calibration of equipment
- Experience with Fluke Met/Team, Fluke Met/Track, and Fluke
Met/Cal software a plus.
- Environmental chamber maintenance and repair a plus.
- Preferred demonstrated experience in general purpose
electronics, physical and dimensional equipment to include torque,
pressure/vacuum, force, mass, and length.
- Knowledge and practical application of standard processes to
ensure the maintenance of an accredited Quality System ISO9001,
Z-540.1, AS9100, ISO17025, and NIST traceable certificates of
- Experience with automated testing of IM&TE In compliance
with the U.S. federal governments vaccine mandate, only candidates
who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a reasonable
accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for
this position.KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran
status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: KBR, Clearwater , Principal Calibration Technician, Professions , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!