Company: Mainsail Lodging & Development
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionNow Hiring at The Karol Hotel! We are looking for
fun and enthusiastic individuals to join our team, apply today! The
Karol Hotel is located just off the coast of Tampa Bay in the
beautiful Feather Sound area. With views overlooking Tampa Bay,
this chic boutique hotel creates an experience that celebrates the
happenstance of life, come be a part of it. The Hotel Maintenance
Technician position is responsible for assisting with and learning
the skills to provide upkeep of the general property, its
equipment, systems, rooms, furnishings interiors or exteriors of
the hotel and provide proper guest services under the direction of
the Engineering Supervisor, Director of Engineering or General
Manager.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To continually support and improve engineering services that
effectively address problems affecting both guests and
- Guest Rooms - plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing
all types of hardware, plumbing, electrical equipment including
lamps, air conditioners, cosmetic items, replacing electrical
switches and outlets, and programming TV's.
- Public Areas - plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing
and/or adjusting all types of hardware, plumbing, electrical, HVAC
equipment, and cosmetic items.
- Fire Alarm/Life Safety System - to monitor systems as
necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation, and to
handle emergencies involving the systems. To have a working
knowledge of fire sprinklers and emergency power systems.
- Energy Conservation - to observe energy and utility usage in
the hotel and on the grounds. To look for ways to conserve energy
and report any ideas to the Engineering Management.
- Tools - to clean, lubricate, protect and otherwise maintain all
tools and equipment in the hotel. To see that all tools used are
returned to the shop and secured in the proper storage area. To
protect and otherwise maintain your assigned tool pouch and its
tools at the discretion of the Engineering Management.
- Emergencies - to be available for any emergencies and act in an
engineering capacity to protect our guests and associates and
preserve the building and its systems during the emergency. To act
as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to
its normal operating status. To inform Engineering Management of
any such emergencies.
- Accident Prevention and Safety - to be aware of all existing
departmental Job Safety Analysis and to strive to work in an
accident-free manner and to create a safe work environment for
others. To continuously look for conditions which may endanger
associates or guests of the hotel and to take immediate action to
correct any hazardous conditions found.
- Records - to read, log, track and interpret readings from
meters, gauges and other measuring units. To maintain a thorough
log of each day's activities and problems that occur and to ensure
this information is passed on to other shifts.
- Departmental Duties - to clean all engineering areas as
directed by Engineering Management. To work in a neat and efficient
manner, keeping work areas clean and well organized. To serve as
otherwise directed or needed to help maintain the effective and
efficient operation of the hotel. This assignment shall be at the
discretion of Engineering Management or the hotel General
- Complete all work assigned in a safe and professional
- Maintain communications with supervisors to ensure that all
needed materials, tools, and supplies are available or on
- Follow up on any items that may be on backorder.
- Keep supervisor updated on assignments.
- Provide training and technical advice to other engineers as
needed or requested.
- Strive to become an independent mechanic, able to analyze
problems and formulate plans to get work done quickly with a high
degree of quality.COMPETENCIES - To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- The ability to work weekends and holidays.
- The ability to read, write and follow instructions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize time.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules
(i.e., Lockout Tagout, JSAs), safety awareness information (such as
MSDS) operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
- Ability to write routine reports, keep logs, and
- Ability to speak effectively with customers and
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Treats people with respect.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Meets productivity standards.
- Observes safety and security procedures.
- Uses equipment and materials properlyPHYSICAL DEMANDS - The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear.
- The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and
- The associate is occasionally required to stand, climb or
balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and taste or smell.
- The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift
and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, reasonable color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.WORK
ENVIRONMENT - The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate
frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently
exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- The associate occasionally works in high, precarious places and
in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet
and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or
caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate.Mainsail Lodging & Development is a proud equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting,
retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and
inclusive workforce. It is Mainsail's policy to ensure equal
employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based
on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or
related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or
domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship
status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal state and/or local law.
Mainsail Lodging & Development maintains a drug-free
workplace.Powered by JazzHRRFfAbl5XnF
Keywords: Mainsail Lodging & Development, Clearwater , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!