Compliance Sanctions Sr. Analyst - Systems Engineering
Location: Tarpon Springs
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Serves as a senior compliance risk analyst for Independent
Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing
internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes related to
monitoring and fostering awareness of sanctions regulatory
requirements that Citi must comply with; assessing related
sanctions risk exposure, overseeing the quality of sanctions
control processes and setting global standards to manage and
mitigate those sanctions risks and protect the franchise. In
addition, provides support for the collation of potential breaches
of sanctions from across the firm and work with contacts in the
Business and Compliance to ensure consistent and effective
application and implementation of, and controls to evidence
adherence to, relevant sanctions related global standards, policies
and procedures.Key Activities include:
- Analyzing comparative data, preparing and presenting regional
and global reports related to sanctions risk assessments, and
monitoring of sanctions related issues and escalations with senior
management and global partners.
- Perform internal testing of screening applications to assess
functionality and identify potential enhancements.
- Complete ad-hoc requests for root-cause-analysis (rca) and/or
trouble-shooting of screening related applications, rca process
requires analytical skills, problem solving, and the use of tools
such as SQL, Oracle, and advanced Microsoft Excel.
- Participate, as needed, in the annual validation of the global
screening platform(s); validation requires experience using SAS, R,
and a general knowledge of statistics. -Machine Learning and
Artificial Intelligence are preferable.
- Data Analysis using large amounts of structured and
unstructured global data to identify strengths, weaknesses,
opportunities, and threats/risk.
- Supporting a specialized team of Independent Compliance Risk
(ICRM) officers responsible for program execution activities.
- Contributing to the design and maintenance of a comprehensive
written ICRM Sanctions Framework (standards and policies).
- Also includes drafting technical and non-technical documents,
Key Business Requirements, Functional Requirements, Design
documents, updating technical manuals, and/or technical
- Partnering with functional partners and key stakeholders -
regionally and globally, as applicable, to ensure potential risks
are identified during due diligence, or escalated on an ad hoc
basis, are appropriately vetted and addressed. Identifying and
escalating to the Chief Sanctions Officer material risks and
significant instances of not adherence to the Framework by
accountable front line units; directs investigations in
coordination with GIU, CSIS, Legal, HR, or as appropriate.
- Working with cross functional stakeholders to identify system
enhancements (technical, as well as procedural), documenting those
proposed enhancements, preparing use cases, defining user
acceptance testing scenarios, working with technology partners to
communicate the requested enhancements, participate in user
acceptance testing, and post production validation.
- Monitoring adherence to Citi 's Global Sanctions Policy and
relevant procedures; staying current on key Sanctions regulatory
changes, key enforcement actions and related industry trends.
- Overseeing adherence to procedures and processes, to ensure
compliance with policies ensuring that front line units meet
- Interacting with relevant teams to raise awareness of Sanctions
trends, emerging issues, remedial actions or enhancements to the
- Supporting efforts in connection Internal Audit and functional
regulators in Program exams and evaluations; tracks and challenges
remedial actions from the front line units.
- Drafting and editing sanctions-related reference materials;
support the various electronic record-keeping logs for sanctions
licenses, voluntary disclosures; subpoenas etc.; participate in
sanctions training programs.
- Additional duties as assigned.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
EXPERIENCEEducation level and/or relevant experience(s)Required:
- Bachelor 's degree; experience in compliance, legal or other
control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory
organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof;
-experience in area of focusPreferred:
- Advanced degree (e.g. JD, MBA) a plus
- Preference given to candidates having academic degree(s)
within: Management Information Systems, Statistics, Business
Analytics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer
Science, or Computer Science Engineering
- Academic or Relevant Experience with one or more of the
following tools/areas: SAS, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine
Learning (ML), Computational Linguistics, SQL, Oracle, R and/or
Statistics.Knowledge and skillsRequired:
- Preferably expertise of AML and - Sanctions regulations, risks
- Experience in analyzing data for the purposes of validating the
systems ' applied thresholds, parameters, and/or stored
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze data in foreign language preferred.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work
collaboratively and with people at all levels of the
- Work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other
functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and
capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word,
- Knowledge in area of focus
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with
Family Group: Compliance and
an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.Qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Citigroup Inc.
and its subsidiaries ("Citi -) invite all qualified interested
applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person
with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our
search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review .View the
"" poster. View the .View the .View the
-----------------------------Effective November 1, 2021, Citi
requires that all successful applicants for positions located in
the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such
vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Clearwater , Compliance Sanctions Sr. Analyst - Systems Engineering, Professions , Tarpon Springs, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!