Company: Memorial Hospital of Tampa
Posted on: January 9, 2022
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
***$1,500 Sign On-Bonus - External hires only***
Memorial has been providing comprehensive healthcare services for
residents of south Tampa for more than 40 years. Conveniently
located near downtown Tampa, the183-bed acute care hospital is
Joint Commission accredited and provides 24-hour emergency care,
behavioral health, cardiovascular services, general surgery and
imaging and diagnostic services.
Specialized services include a new Surgical Center featuring the
latest da Vinci robotic systems, a multiphase expansion to include
new private patient rooms, an accredited Diagnostic Sleep Lab,
Florida Bariatric Center, behavioral health, digital mammography,
Health 4 Seniors, women's health and wound and hyperbaric
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues.
We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in
our organization. We offer you an excellent total compensation
package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package
and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability
to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO
medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement, employee discount program and an employee stock
purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic
The Monitor Tech monitors patients' EKG waveforms in a centralized
monitoring station. The position's tasks and responsibilities
- Interprets Rhythms and Arrhythmias.
- Reports all changes in heart rate/rhythm to appropriate nursing
- Maintains Telemetry Supplies.
- Records patient condition utilizing computerized documentation
- Performs duties with full understanding of related age specific
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
QualificationsRequired Job Qualifications Include:
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Completion of Basic EKG/Arrhythmia course. Demonstrated ability
to interpret cardiac rhythms and arrhythmias.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- CMT/Cardiac Experience Preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a monitor tech in a hospital
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Ability to remain focused and maintain concentration over
extended period of time.Ability to quickly make decisions to report
patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.NoticeOur Company's recruiters are
here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we
take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking here.For questions about your job
application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at
1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Memorial Hospital of Tampa, Clearwater , Monitor Technician, Professions , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!