Truck Driver - CDL
Company: White Cap
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Company Overview Previously known as HD Supply - Construction &
Industrial and now know as White Cap Supply Holdings, LLC ("White
Cap"), White Cap is made up of four distinct businesses called
White Cap, Contractors' Warehouse, Brafasco, and most recently
Construction Supply Group. White Cap has over 400 locations across
46 US States and 8 Canadian Provinces. Approximately 7,400
associates provide support for more than 230,000 customers. In
addition to value-add services, White Cap offers a portfolio of
400,000 SKUs that include concrete accessories and chemicals,
engineered materials and fastening systems, steel products, tools
and equipment, building envelope, safety and consumables, and wood
products. Job Description & Qualifications Job Summary Make
deliveries to customer job sites while adhering to all DOT
regulations and safety procedures. Load inventory on truck and
unload at customer site. Operate trucks to pick up and deliver
products, supplies and equipment to and from organization, supplier
and customer sites. Duties may involve complex pickups and
deliveries, e.g., night deliveries, transport of dangerous and
hazardous materials. Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Delivers products to customers which may include assistance
with unloading, ensuring delivery of ticket with material, etc.
Serves as primary interface with the customer at point of delivery.
Contacts customers if they are not present at delivery
- Loads truck with daily deliveries. Unloads product at
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections in accordance with
Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and internal
policies and procedures. Reports vehicle defects, accidents,
traffic violations, or damage before and after route. Fuels truck
- Resolves customer service issues.
- Complies with all DOT (Department of Transportation) standards
and regulations. Maintains records such as vehicle logs and bill of
ladings in accordance with guidelines.
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for
traffic and/or construction.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- May assist warehouse staff with pulling and preparing orders
for shipment, as well as receiving, verifying, staging and stocking
all incoming material. Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in
accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques.
Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior
coworker or supervisor.
- None. Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills
training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of
experience in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications &
Job Specific Details Preferred Qualifications
- Have a current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
issued by the state in which the candidate resides with all the
relevant endorsements required for type of equipment being operated
(i.e. Hazardous Material to transport hazardous materials that
- Two (2) years of commercial driving experience compliant with
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and DOT regulations
- Forklift certification preferred. PRID PRID170 Job Locations
US-FL-Clearwater Posted Date 4 days ago (3/26/2021 4:26 PM) Job ID
2021-41937 Business Unit Construction Industrial WC Functional Area
Transportation Remote Position? No Position Type Full-Time White
Cap is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with
Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer.
White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates
without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor
prohibited by law.
Keywords: White Cap, Clearwater , Truck Driver - CDL, Professions , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!