Business Strategy Analyst I
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Business
Strategy Analyst I for one of the following locations: San Antonio
Home Office II/III, Tampa Campus or Plano.
Uses quantitative and qualitative analysis to provide
thought-leadership on evolving industry trends, market
developments, USAA's strategic direction, regulatory environment,
and macroeconomic trends for the business unit. Provides insights
and information-based context for key stakeholders in the business
unit to effectively manage, influence, and impact line of business
- Collaborates with stakeholders to identify key business
assumptions and hypotheses around line of business strategy. -
Assists experienced Business Strategy Analysts and other subject
matter experts with refining hypotheses and identifying business
questions to explore further.
- Develops the analytical framework and blueprint to answer
business questions identified in the business portfolio, product,
or member experience.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to evaluate and uncover
strategic insights related to Profit & Loss performance including
Product Strategy, Pricing, Marketing, Sales, Credit Risk,
Distribution Channels, and Member Experience.
- Leverages advanced data-driven problem-solving techniques to
manipulate and interpret business data. Translates findings into
insights for strategy management and execution.
- Prepares materials that help communicate the significance of
the strategic insights to senior leaders and other key
stakeholders. May participate in key stakeholder meetings.Minimum
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Science, Finance, Economics or
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.Minimum Work
- 4 or more years of experience in data/analytics, strategy
consulting, or related business experience, OR
- Master's Degree and 2 or more years of -experience in
data/analytics, strategy consulting, or related business
- Project management experience
- Experience with hypotheses-driven problem solving
- Experience in data analysis*Qualifications may warrant
placement in a different job level*When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. -
This will take approximately 5 minutes. - Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not able to change your responses.Preferred Experience:
- Familiarity with SAS, SPSS, R, SQL or other statistical/data
query languages and quantitative analysis
- Experience working with Tableau and other visualization
- Relevant exposure to statistical modeling using Python
- Relevant exposure to statistical modeling using SAS, R or
- Able to write efficient SQL/Python/SAS code to fuel analytical
frameworks and dashboards mentioned above
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics,
Statistics, Economics, or another quantitative field.
- Financial institution, or related business experienceThe above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best
benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business
casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental
and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
- Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation assistance
is not available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement) or must have manager's approval prior to posting.Last
day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 2/13/20 by
11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Clearwater , Business Strategy Analyst I, Professions , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!