Company: Banfield, The Pet Hospital
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Locum VeterinarianSummary of Job Purpose and FunctionThe primary
purpose and function of the Relief Veterinarian is to provide
preventative care, diagnosis and treatment of diseases and injuries
of Pets.Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Ensure the Safety of Pets, clients and associates by utilizing
safe restraining techniques, following standard protocols and
maintaining clean, sterile and organized treatment areas, exam
rooms and labs.
- Obtain relevant information and history from clients, and
maintain proper and complete medical records.
- Educate clients about preventative care, Pet health needs, any
diagnosis or treatment, hospital services and other related
- Provide professional, efficient and exceptional service
including prescribing and administering preventative care for the
wellness needs of Pets and diagnosing and treating diseases and
injuries of Pets.
- Effectively communication diagnosis and treatment plan to
veterinary medical team and client.
- Ensure local, state and federal laws are followed, including
proper maintenance of the controlled substance inventory log.
- Understand and follow state guidelines regarding duties of
veterinary assistants and licensed veterinary technicians.
- Other job duties as assigned.Hiring QualificationsCapabilities
and Experience (can do)
- Ability to multi-task - Manages multiple tasks at one time;
quickly and accurately shifts attention among multiple tasks under
distracting conditions without loss of accuracy or appearance of
- Communication skills - Reads, writes and speaks fluent English,
using appropriate grammar, style and vocabulary. Correctly spells
commonly used English words and job specific terms. Demonstrates
exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organizational ability - Demonstrates a systematic approach in
carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting
through confusion and turning chaos into order.
Keywords: Banfield, The Pet Hospital, Clearwater , Veterinarian, Other , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!