Lead Avionics Systems Engineer
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Location: Tarpon Springs
Posted on: May 19, 2023
Description: Job Title: Lead Avionics Systems EngineerJob Code:
IMS20231004-99438Job Location: Phoenix, Arizona OR St Petersburg,
Florida OR Grand Rapids, MichiganJob Description: We are looking
for experienced avionics engineers with expertise in communication,
navigation, surveillance systems, flight recorders and airborne
displays. Our Chief Engineering Office is expanding to add
enthusiastic professionals with a desire to develop and grow
emerging airborne electronics technology, products, and
- Expertise in 1 or more of the following:Establish initial
design requirements, drive risk reduction activities and provide
guidance to the development process to ensure timely, high quality,
compliant product designs traceable to industry and customer
specific specifications.Perform system integration, testing, test
data analysis, and documentation including collaborating with
multi-disciplined engineer team for test requirements, validation,
and improvement efforts.
- Flight recorders: cockpit voice, flight data, datalink
recorders, data acquisition and accessories. Requirements
definition, design, test, qualification.
- Attitude Heading Reference Systems (AHRS): sensor evaluation,
modeling, calibration, test, and qualification.
- Air Data Computer (ADC): sensor evaluation, modeling,
calibration, test, and qualification.
- Global Positioning / Navigation System (GNSS/GPS): receiver
specification, evaluation, modeling, test,
- Navigation-flight planning, Flight Management System (FMS):
requirements definition, modeling, test, evaluation, qualification,
database design and management.
- Transponder systems - Mode S, Mode C, design, test and
- Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) systems and
applications: requirements definition, modeling, test, evaluation,
- Traffic Collision Avoidance Systems (TCAS): requirements
definition, modeling, test, evaluation, qualification
- Terrain Warning and Alerting Systems (TAWS): requirements
definition, modeling, test, evaluation, qualification, database
design and management.
- Flight Displays: LCD, touchscreens, backlight design, test and
evaluation, NVIS/NVG compatibility, human-machine interfaces
- Aviation Radios (VOR, Localizer, Glideslope, DME, TACAN):
requirements definition, modeling, test, evaluation,
- Collaborate with hardware, software, and other systems
engineers on the development of fault analyses.
- Contribute to the development of technical specifications and
new product designs for general, commercial, and military aviation
- Work directly with customers and other stakeholders to define
requirements and develop competitive solutions.
- Contribute to product and technology roadmaps.
- Experience with safety-critical systems development
(automotive, aerospace, medical, etc.)
- Experience with systems engineering tools such as DOORS.
- FAA, EASA certification experience including TSO, ETSO, STC,
- Experience with aerospace standards, e.g. DEF STAN 970,
ARP-4754, DO-160, DO-178, DO-254.
- Experience with avionics interface protocols, e.g. ARINC-429,
- 25% travelQualifications:
- B.S in electrical, mechanical, aerospace engineering, computer
science, mathematics, physics, or other engineering
- At least 9 years of experience in an aviation product
- This position requires U.S. citizenshipPreferred Additional
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in algorithm
development with MATLAB, C, C++, Python or similar.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in the use of
Model-based Systems Engineering (such as Cameo) and related Digital
- Pilot or flight crew experience a plus
- Enjoy working in a collaborative multidisciplinary team
environment and sharing knowledge, experience, and expertise with
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Clearwater , Lead Avionics Systems Engineer, Other , Tarpon Springs, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...