Company: City of Clearwater
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*CITY OF CLEARWATER invites applications for the position of:
*SALARY: See Position Description*
*POSITION DESCRIPTION: *
*THE CITY OF CLEARWATER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER*
*ENTRY SALARY: $32,301.36*
*THIS POSITION IS OPEN CONTINUOUSLY - OPEN UNTIL FILLED*
Under general supervision, the Parking Attendant performs a wide
range of public safety and engagement related duties for the
general public, including but not limited to, performing all
caretaking and collection work i n connection with the operation,
maintenance, and use of City parking facilities.
*DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: *
_*Essential Functions*_ _: -- Essential functions, as defined under
the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the
following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Essential
duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to,
the following: _
* Provides basic security enforcement and patrol of public parking
facilities, lots, garages, and offices; ensures the spaces are
safe, clean, and that all general activities follow city rules and
* Ensures the care and cleaning of all parking facilities,
stairwells, handrails, garbage bins, windows, equipment, landscape,
and elevators; maintains city garages to meet the needs of the
community and the city; performs minor repairs, maintenance, and
general care for parking equipment and facilities.
* Assist visitors to city owned parking lots and garages on how to
operate meters and pay for parking, how to use parking applications
on mobile devices, and answer parking related questions.
* Operates, uses, and monitors a police radio; calls, alerts, and
summons police officers for various criminal and non-criminal
matters as required.
* Performs various safety duties in city parking areas to include
the placement and removal of barricades, traffic control signs, and
other precautions used to ensure the safety of individuals crossing
or operating vehicles on hazardous streets or busy parking lots.
File reports for damages, maintenance repairs, and follow general
* Assist, supports and participates in special duties during
parades and other special events or projects.
Answers questions and addresses concerns or issues.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
*MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: *
*Licenses, Certifications, and Equipment: *
A valid State driver's license is required.
*Employees selected for this position must meet FDLE guidelines in
order to access sensitive and/or confidential information.
Applicants with arrest histories for felonies or serious
misdemeanors may be denied access to this information and as such,
will not meet the minimum qualifications for a position with the
City of Clearwater.*
*Education and Experience: *
High School Diploma, High School Equivalency Diploma or G.E.D.
Certificate PLUS experience in maintenance/repair, general parking
garage operations, and customer service; OR an equivalent
combination of education, training, and experience may be
*SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION: *
*Knowledge* *of *-
* Reconciliation of cash drawers and other forms of payment
* General parking operations
* Department policies and protocols
*Skill in *-
* Operating a cash drawer and taking payments
* Performing general repairs and maintenance
* Handling large sums of money and creating accurate reports
* Establishing and maintaining good relationships
* Dealing tactfully with the public
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $32,301.36 per year
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: City of Clearwater, Clearwater , Parking Attendant, Other , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!