Loan Documentation Specialist
Company: Valley National Bancorp
Posted on: November 18, 2022
The Loan Documentation Specialist will use software and Word
templates to prepare commercial loan documents that accurately
represent the loan commitment and terms offered to the borrower.
The incumbent will work from the credit memo, loan offering,
commitment letter or approval memo to select document required.
Depending upon the type of transaction, documents may include
promissory notes, loan agreements, mortgages, guaranties,
assignments, security agreements, UCC filings, modifications,
amendments etc. Completed document package must be accurate,
timely, enforceable and must conform to both Bank policies and
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Prepare loan documents upon receipt of request from the Lender,
review loan approval and related supporting documents. Ensure that
all required documents, including insurance information, are
provided to properly evidence the loan and perfect the bank's
* Work with Bank's (Medici or LaserPro) software and other related
programs to create documents; ensure the timely delivery of
documents to lenders and others as directed.
* Follow-up with lenders, legal counsel and others for missing
items needed to create accurate loan documents.
* Perform post-closing follow-up with lenders, legal counsel and
others for document exceptions and trailing documents.
* Respond to questions concerning loan documentation from legal
counsel, lenders and other staff members. Resolve differences and
provide direction to others to facilitate the documentation
* Review "Line of Credit Renewals"; review credit memos, offerings
and commitment letters for accuracy and
conformity to existing loan documentation.
* Update Bank's (Banker Hill), or equivalent, software with line
* Responsible for producing and reviewing departmental reports
submitted to lenders and senior management; provide information to
examiners and answer any related questions.
* Record and track fees; create fee sheet to include with loan
packages sent to lenders for closing.
* Provide support to peers in all facets of the department to
perform routine tasks required to run the department and carry out
daily various functions.
* Review all work assignments for accuracy and completeness, answer
questions and provide guidance.
* Provide back-up to Title Reviewers by: performing post-closing
review of documents for propriety and completeness, following-up
with lenders and legal counsel for missing documents, ensuring
timely delivery of loans to Note Department for booking purposes
and reviewing associated reports for exceptions and missing
* Participate in cross training throughout
Commercial Loan Servicing to be able to provide support and assist
in special projects.
* Extensive knowledge of lending terminology and legal documents
used in Commercial Lending.
* Knowledge of lien perfection and recording requirements.
* Experience in creating loan documents, including modifications to
mortgages and mortgage notes.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as loan offerings,
commitment letters and procedure manuals.
* Ability to review title commitments and policies.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to use strong interpersonal skills to clarify
instructions from lenders, attorneys, and other bank
representatives to resolve problems and correct discrepancies that
negatively affect the production of loan documents that conform to
* Basic PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel. Preferred
familiarity with nCino, Miser, Ilien, Baker Hill, Statewide, and
First American Flood Data Services software packages.
* High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of two years' experience
required in Commercial Loan Documentation, post-closing or other
related Commercial Lending area.
* Associates Degree with related experience and/or Paralegal
Keywords: Valley National Bancorp, Clearwater , Loan Documentation Specialist, Other , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!