Directional Drill Operator - Plant City
Company: American Lighting and Signalization
Location: Tarpon Springs
Posted on: September 18, 2022
The main responsibilities are to operate directional bore
equipment for underground utility construction and to assist
foreman and/or supervisors with assigned duties. -Don't wait for
opportunities to happen. Own your career! Join the ALS team and get
started on a rewarding career with best-in-industry training,
equipment, and serious room for advancement. -American Lighting and
Signalization (ALS) provides street lighting and traffic
signalization construction, maintenance, and emergency response
services in the Southeastern and Mid-Atlantic United States. Our
major customers include state departments of transportation (DOTs),
investor-owned and municipal utilities, commercial retail land
developments, and commercial road contractors. -Job Type: Full-Time
+, Non-ExemptPay: -Competitive, HourlyBenefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage starting day one
- Retirement plan
- Company-provided life insurance
- Supplemental life insurance with spouse and child coverage
- Choice of voluntary Aflac supplemental insurance programs
- Long-term disability
- Pre-paid legal plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Various employee discount programs and resourcesEssential
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Inspecting equipment to ensure that it is working properly and
maintaining it accordingly.
- Monitoring equipment operation and adjusting as needed to
ensure safe operation.
- Operate Horizontal Directional Drill to set holes and complete
- Drive equipment to the job site.
- Confirms with locator/lead the bore path to drill.
- Drill out following the predetermined drill path to the exit
- Communicate with appropriate crew members to confirm the
location of the drill head.
- Assist with the installation of proper pulling gear and hook-up
- Reverse process to install the product.
- Oversee laborers and/or crew members work and monitor time
- Conduct post-job quality checks.
- Clean, check fluid levels and conduct a visual inspection of
vehicle/equipment to assure your vehicle/equipment is performing at
optimum safety, perform the required pre-trip, and post-trip
inspections and the required paperwork, and perform needed
maintenance including winterizing equipment.
- Communicates with Supervisor daily to turn in required
paperwork (i.e. Bore log, vehicle maintenance reports, etc.)
- Follows specifications for the job and company policies.
- Complies with safety procedures while driving and at the job
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to read and interpret site maps and follow job
- Ability to communicate efficiently and professionally with
others.Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience with underground utility installation
- Upon offer, employees may be required to complete and pass a
pre-employment drug screen, background, and/or MVR check.License &
- Driver License Required.
- A valid commercial driver's license (CDL) is preferred, but not
- Willing to travel out of state for emergency storm work as
- RARE -(less than 10%): Sitting, Kneeling, Crawling, Color
Vision, Climbing Stairs
- OCCASIONAL -(up to 33%): Stooping, Squatting, Climbing On/Off
Truck, Climbing Ladders, Pushing, Reading, Lifting to 50 lbs.
- FREQUENT -(up to 66%): Carrying, Pulling, Balancing,
body-twisting, Hearing/Speech Range, Lifting, lifting to 10 lbs.,
Manual Dexterity, Speaking Clearly, Walking
- CONTINUOUS -(up to 100%): Standing, Sense of Touch, Gripping,
Seeing, Reaching, range-of-motion, Depth Perception, lifting over
10 lbs. to 50 lbs., ClimbingSafety -Due to the inherently dangerous
nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around
hazardous equipment, employees must have sufficient eyesight to
judge distance/coordination of equipment and tools, be able to
maintain attention and concentration for extended periods, be able
to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work
assignments, be able to wear personal protective equipment as
necessary, be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a
day, have the endurance necessary to traverse various terrain, be
capable of performing job duties throughout a standard 8- or
10-hour day, be able to communicate with others, read, write, and
comprehend written/verbal job instructions and information, and
communicate and handle conflict professionally. -About Us:American
Lighting and Signalization (ALS) specializes in roadway lighting
and traffic signalization. We serve departments of transportation
(DOTs), investor-owned and municipal utilities, commercial land
developers, and commercial road contractors. Headquartered in
Florida, ALS operates in 14 States along the East Coast, Midwest,
and Texas. -Individuals must be able to perform the essential
functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable
accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733,
ext. 1339. -An Equal Opportunity Employer.Required qualifications:
- 18 years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United StatesPreferred
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
Keywords: American Lighting and Signalization, Clearwater , Directional Drill Operator - Plant City, Other , Tarpon Springs, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!