Lean Manufacturing Specialist
Company: Carpenter Technology
Posted on: July 30, 2022
Dynamet Incorporated, based in Clearwater, Florida., is a
leading domestic and international supplier of titanium alloy
products. Acquired by Carpenter Technology in 1997, Dynamet
supplies titanium bar, wire, fine wire, strip, and precision shapes
for the aerospace, medical, consumer, motorsports, and recreation
industries. Committed to offering excellence and innovation in the
manufacture of titanium and other specialty metal products, Dynamet
ensures strict quality controls through its testing and analysis
laboratory. Dynamet maintains a second manufacturing facility in
western Pennsylvania.TITLE: Lean Manufacturing Specialist --JOB
DESCRIPTION SUMMARY - To directly support our operations through
the Lean journey by working with the Lean Leaders and Managers and
other key stakeholders. This position will provide direct support
that focuses on the implementation and enhancement of the Carpenter
Operating Model, including but not limited to a standard's rich
environment, visual factory, daily management, problem solving
supported by leaders, standard work, Gemba and continuous
improvement thinking. Impact the development, implementation,
monitoring and maintenance of efficient manufacturing processes and
workflows. This strategic and hands-on role supports the day-to-day
and tactical efforts toward the achievement of the strategic plan
objectives.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE LEAN MANUFACTURING
- Enhance, organize, implement, and maintain production process
- Recommend hands-on process improvements using a combination of
Lean Manufacturing with a focus towards optimizing labor resources
and systems, flow creation, 5S and waste reduction.
- Directly impact the improvement of existing operations for
increased quality, productivity, efficiency, and cost savings.
- Facilitate value stream mapping.
- Investigate operational problems affecting production and
reporting and recommending solutions.
- Provide manufacturing data i.e., production control charts,
reliability, process capability, to improve the process and monitor
and measure progress to target outcome.
- Organize meetings with other team members to facilitate
- Identify ways to reduce production inefficiencies through
recommendations- i.e:-- new processes, elimination of waste,
- Work with other relevant departments to determine estimated
costs, run time, cost reduction, and close the feedback loop.
- Assist with training staff on new development processes and
- Provide assistance on development and documentation of KPI's
and systems designed to sustain and drive continuous improvement
using Carpenters Operating Model.
- Ability to travel 25% to other locations within a specified
- Perform all other duties and special projects as
assigned.REQUIRED FOR THE LEAN MANUFACTURING SPECIALIST
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Project Management, or related
- Minimum of 5 years successful lean implementation experience
with proven record of sustainable results.
- Successful candidate will have prior knowledge and practical
experience in a manufacturing/industrial setting with a strong
focus in Lean Manufacturing operations.
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement with identifying
and eliminating waste using applicable tools and analysis.
- Proven coaching, facilitation, and organizational skills with a
track record of successful change management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Must be proactive, creative, and a hands-on change agent.
- Should have team building and rapid execution abilities.
- Self-motivated and ability to "think on your feet" when working
and a "can do" approach to work.
- Self-Starter who can creatively drive continuous improvement on
their own initiative with guidance as necessary.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, computer and basic business
skills.-- Able to bring clarity and optimal solutions from abstract
informationPREFERRED FOR THE LEAN MANUFACTURING SPECIALIST
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Prior knowledge/experience with the Toyota Production System is
- Extensive experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Extensive job-related experience with LEAN Operating Model
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, well
organized and the ability to prioritize tasks and make appropriate
- Willing to work in a fast paced, every changing work
environment.Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive
salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life,
medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability
coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other
options to employees.Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is
to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment
opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ
affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and
develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age,
race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other
characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit,
develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with
disabilities and protected veterans.
Keywords: Carpenter Technology, Clearwater , Lean Manufacturing Specialist, Other , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!