Executive Assistant/Clerk of the Board
Company: JWB of Pinellas County
Posted on: June 24, 2022
JUVENILE WELFARE BOARD OF PINELLAS COUNTYThe Juvenile Welfare
Board of Pinellas County (JWB) has been making the health, safety,
and well-being of our county's children a priority for 75 years. We
invest in partnerships, innovation, and advocacy to strengthen
Pinellas County children and their families.JOB OPPORTUNITY -June
16, 2022The Juvenile Welfare Board offers a comprehensive benefits
package, including medical, vision, dental, and life insurance as
well as vacation and sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and
participation in the Florida Retirement System among other
benefits. Position Title: Executive Assistant/Clerk of the Board
Department: Executive OfficeReports To: Chief Executive Officer
FLSA Status: ExemptPay Grade: 104 Salary Range: Min. $47,640.64 -
Mid. $63,118.23 - Max. $78,595.82 Position Purpose:This position
serves the JWB Board with the provision of administrative
responsibilities, preparation and distribution of monthly Board
packets, and the recording/transcription of monthly Board meeting
minutes. This position also performs a variety of confidential and
highly responsible and complex duties on behalf of the Chief
Executive Officer (CEO) and Juvenile Welfare Board (JWB).Key
- Coordinates monthly preparations, follow-ups, and distribution
of the Board packet to ensure its timely finalization and adherence
to all applicable public record requirements. Tracks agenda items
for Board meetings and follow-up with the status of specific items
- Attends regular monthly Board meetings, records actions taken
at meetings, processes documents approved at Board meetings, and
prepares minutes of the meeting.
- Submits public meeting notices for publication as required by
s. 189.015 of the Florida Statutes.
- Oversees the preparation of the conference room setup for Board
meetings, which includes confirming available materials, tools, and
- Serves as liaison to the JWB Board of Directors by providing
administrative support, managing inquiries of a diverse nature, and
generating and distributing board packets. Facilitate new Board
- Manages the CEO's calendar, arranges for and schedules internal
and external meetings, and resolves scheduling conflicts.
- Executes special projects for the CEO as needed.
- Assists the Information Technology department with scheduling
and coordinating training, updating policies and procedures, data
entry, scheduling meetings, taking minutes, updating inventory, and
other relevant tasks.
- Creates, revises, and edits documents in support of the mission
and goals of JWB for a variety of purposes.
- Interprets and applies complex rules, regulations, policies,
and procedures in order to accomplish day-to-day tasks and provides
guidance as needed.
- Conducts research and obtains information from various
administrative subject-matter databases.
- Makes updates to and edits JWB's SharePoint site pages.
- Performs other related work as assigned.Specifications:
- Associate's Degree or two (2) years of college coursework in
Public Administration, Business Sciences, Public Policy, or related
field. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years of related experience with at least
two (2) years of specific experience providingadministrative
support utilizing technology and modern office equipment to an
executive-level position, public board, or council.
- Expert in notetaking and minutes preparation.
- Excellent writing, editing/proof reading, and communication
- Knowledgeable of the principles and procedures of record
keeping and electronic document management.
- Working knowledge of governmental boards, Robert's Rules of
Order, and Florida's Government-In-The-Sunshine and Public records
- Proficient in Adobe and Microsoft Office 365 especially
Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with virtual meeting software (i.e. Microsoft Teams,
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively plan and organize projects to meet
schedules and timelines.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion of
critical and sensitive information.Additional Requirements:
- Successfully pass a Level 2 background screening as required by
Ch. 435 Florida Statutes.
- Possess a valid driver's license and/or access to reliable
- JWB staff shall reside within the Tampa Bay area. Currently,
this is a hybrid-remote position and physical presence at the JWB
office or other sites in Pinellas County may be required.
Interested Applicants, please submit resumes by Monday, July 11,
2022 to:Juvenile Welfare Board of Pinellas County, Attn: Human
Resources Unit14155 58th Street N. Clearwater, FL 33760email:
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 727-453-5610 Website:
www.jwbpinellas.orgThe Juvenile Welfare Board is an equal
opportunity employer. The Juvenile Welfare Board is an E-Verify
Employer.Certain service members and veterans, and the spouses and
family members of the service members and veterans, receive
preference and priority in employment by the state and are
encouraged to apply for the positions being filled. Applicants
interested in claiming Veterans' Preference please apply
at:www.jwbpinellas.orgAll applicants are advised that applications
in Florida become a matter of public record upon receipt.
Keywords: JWB of Pinellas County, Clearwater , Executive Assistant/Clerk of the Board, Other , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!