Posted on: May 12, 2022
7172 - Clearwater - 2550 Roosevelt Blvd, Clearwater, Florida,
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Under general supervision, responsible for completing cosmetic
inspections, final quality inspections, as well as vehicle
cleaning, paint touch-up, wet sanding, and buffing of CarMax used,
new, and customer vehicles according to CarMax standards.
On an as needed basis, responsible for Reconditioning Associate and
Reconditioning Associate I duties including but not limited to,
zone maintenance, prep for delivery, vehicle receiving, inventory
scanning, vehicle movement (both on and off lot), basic vehicle
detailing including car wash, wash bay, interior cleaning/vacuuming
and exterior cleanliness.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute standardized work processes as defined at established
- Participate in problem solving and continuous improvement
activities with team
- Participate in training of new associates with guidance of
Reconditioning Associate Lead
- Perform various cosmetic reconditioning, cleaning and repair
processes including, but not limited to: Paint touch up, wet
sanding and buffing according to CarMax standards
- Complete Cosmetic Inspections
- Complete Final Quality Inspections
- Ensure work place cleanliness and organization in accordance
with CarMax 5S standards
- Identify defects and most appropriate repair methods according
to CarMax standards
- Provide auction support
- Drive vehicles on and off lot
- Provide outstanding customer service at all times
- Complete duties as assigned by Leads and Managers
Position requires the following pre-requisites and ability:
- Complete all training on-line and hands-on, including KRONOS
Training for Hourly Associates
- Accountable to Associate 1 Competency Model
- Meet Reconditioning Associate and Reconditioning I Performance
- Successful completion of Reconditioning Associate,
Reconditioning Associate I and II Workstation Certifications
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain
- Perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced
- Perform manual tasks at a specific pace for a specific period
- Lift objects that weigh as much as 50lbs
- Speak and listen effectively in dealing with
customers/associates, both in person and over the phone
- Complete CarMax provided training in all functional areas of
the inventory process, allowing for cross-training and full
coverage of the inventory and detail area
- Indoor and outdoor environment; may include working at times in
noisy and/or inclement weather conditions.
- Walking or standing for extended periods of time.
- Wears CarMax clothing (acquired through company) at all times
working in the store.
- Follow all CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA standards including the
use of Personal Protective Equipment, and proper waste disposal in
- Adhere to all CarMax policies including Attendance, Asset
Protection, Integrity and Standards of Professional Appearance.
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest,
transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and
deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought
and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used
cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to
deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every
associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in
their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training
and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified
candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, or any other characteristic protected by
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable
accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Keywords: CarMax, Clearwater , Automotive Detailer, Other , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!