Certified First Assist Full Time Days North Pinellas
Company: AdventHealth North Pinellas
Location: Tarpon Springs
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Description Certified First Assistant AdventHealth North
Pinellas Location Address: -1395 S Pinellas Avenue, Tarpon Springs,
Florida 34689 Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth North
- Great Culture
- Top Quality outcomes
- Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
- Leadership is accessible
- Located on the Gulf of Mexico Work Hours/Shift: Full Time 40
Hours Per Week. 30 Minute Call is required. You Will Be Responsible
For: PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Demonstrates
through behavior Florida Hospital's Core Values of Integrity,
Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as
outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program 1.
Positioning the patient - - A. The surgeon shall convey the exact
position that will give the best exposure for the surgical
procedure. The surgical assistant will carry out this order.
Consideration will be given to the patient's comfort and safety. -
- B. Points of pressure shall be padded: elbows, heels, knees,
eyes, face, and axillary region. - - C. Circulation shall not be
impaired. (A tourniquet may be required for some procedures.) - -
D. Nerve damage shall be guarded against. - - E. The temperature of
the patient should be discussed with the anesthesia personnel and
methods employed to maintain the desired temperature range. - - F.
The surgical assistant shall be familiar with common positions
related to the surgical procedure and will be able to use the
equipment necessary to provide the position. - - - - - -
Competencies will include the following: - - - - - - - - - - (1)
Fracture tables - - - - - - - - - - (2) Head stabilizers - - - - -
- - - - - (3) Body stabilizers - - - - - - - - - - (4) C-arm
extensions - - - - - - - - - - (5) Any other equipment needed - -
G. Upon completion of the procedure, the patient shall be evaluated
for any possible damage from positioning which will include
assessment of the skin. The abnormal condition shall be reported to
the surgeon and treatment and documentation shall be carried out.
2. Providing visualization of the operative site by the
- Appropriate placement and securing of retractors with or
without padding. - - B. -Packing with sponges - - C. -Digital
manipulation of tissue - - D. -Suctioning, irrigating, or sponging
- - E. -Manipulation of suture materials (e.g., loops, tags,
running sutures). - - F. -Proper use of body mechanics to prevent
obstruction of the surgeon's view. 3. Utilizing appropriate
techniques to assist with hemostasis.
- Permanent - - - - - (1) Clamping and/or cauterizing vessels or
tissue - - - - - (2) Tying and/or ligating clamped vessels or
tissue - - - - - (3) Applying hemostatic clips - - - - - (4)
Placing local hemostatic agents - - B. Temporary - - - - - (1)
Applying tourniquets and demonstrating awareness of the
indications/contraindications for use with knowledge of side
effects of extended use. - - - - - (2) Applying vessel loops - - -
- - (3) Applying non-crushing clamps - - - - - (4) Applying direct
digital pressure 4. Participating in volume replacement or
auto-transfusion techniques as appropriate. 5. Utilizing
appropriate techniques to assist with closure of body planes.
- Utilizing running or interrupted subcutaneous sutures with
absorbable or non-absorbable material.
- Utilizing subcuticular closure technique with or without
adhesive skin closure strips.
- Closing skin with method indicated by surgeon (suture, staples,
etc. - - D. - -Postoperative subcutaneous injection of local
anesthetic agent as directed by the surgeon. 6. Selecting and
applying appropriate wound dressings, including the following: - -
A. - -Liquid or spray occlusive materials
- Absorbent material affixed with tape or circumferential
- Immobilizing dressing (soft or rigid) 7. Providing assistance
in securing drainage systems to tissue 8. Performs operative shave
prep, scrub, urinary catheterization, or other patient care tasks
as assigned by the RN. 9. Anticipates the moves of the surgeon. 10.
Prepares and maintains surgical area:
- Proficient in scrubbing for all operative procedures within the
scope of service
- Setup of procedure/operating room with correct instrumentation
and supplies for the scheduled case
- Identifies unsafe or defective instrument/equipment and
implements appropriate corrective action
- Verifies completeness of instruments/sponge/needle count
- Cleans instruments, equipment and room as appropriate when
procedure is completed 11. Ensures proper disposal of instruments,
linen, trash, needles, sponges and other biohazardous waste. 12.
Completes all annual mandatory educational requirements. 13.
Attends 75% of unit staff meetings. 14. Assist in orientation and
instruction of surgical personnel. Qualifications What You Will
Need: KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED: Individuals must possess these
knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to
demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the
job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other
combination of skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of Anatomy
- Assist the surgeon in the Surgical Procedures
- Prepares and maintains surgical area
- Performs technical responsibilities for optimal patient
- Serves as a resource person KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- N/A EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School education or equivalent.
- Successful completion of an accredited Surgical Technology
- Four years' experience as a Surgical Technologist prior to CFA.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Completion of Certified Surgical Assisting Program
- Robotic Experience LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION
- Certification as a First Assistant
- National Board of Surgical Technician and Surgical Assistant
- American Board of Surgical Assistant. (ABSA)
- National Commission for the Certification of Surgical Assistant
(NCCSA) LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- N/A FACILITY SPECIFIC SECTION: i.e. vision, values, etc.
- - COMPASSION BEHAVIORS: -
- Honor's patient's rights by following privacy guidelines and
code of ethics with our patients, physicians, co-workers, and
- Demonstrates honesty and fairness in all that they do and
accepts accountability for their actions. -
- Recognize and anticipate the needs of others and go beyond
their job to exceed expectations of those we serve.
- Greets everyone they encounter with a smile, using caring tone
during conversations, and makes frequent and appropriate eye
- Use common courtesy practices such as helping lost individuals,
saying please and thank you, and knocking on a patient's door
before entering. -
- Proactively support a culture of safety and quality.
- Listen respectfully and avoid defensiveness in verbal and
non-verbal communication. Exhibit willingness to assist co-workers.
- Display support in organizational decisions in their
communication and actions. - Refrains from gossiping and spreading
- Looks for opportunities to support, recognize and celebrate
teamwork. EXPECTED BEHAVIORS:
- Conduct themselves in a calm and collected manner at all times.
- Demonstrate patient/customer focused, compassionate behavior.
- Take responsibility for decisions, actions and results and
deliver on commitments.
- Practice financial responsibility.
- Cooperate and collaborate with team members and others.
- Comply with the Employee Code of Conduct and all other Hospital
Institutional Policies and Procedures.
- Demonstrate compliance with all federal, state and local laws;
rules and government.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with all team
members, patients and families.
- Maintain satisfactory participation and attendance at required
and non-required meetings and staff development programs.
- Promote evidence of adherence to the hospital confidentiality
policy. This position description reflects the general duties and
responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive
list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at
any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of
their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of
Adventist Health System and its facilities. Job Summary: Prepares
and maintains the surgical area, scrubs and is first assistant to
the physician during procedures, assists the RN in technical
functions related to patient care in the OR and assists in the
training of others and functions as a resource within the
department. This facility is an equal opportunity employer and
complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws,
regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth North Pinellas, Clearwater , Certified First Assist Full Time Days North Pinellas, Other , Tarpon Springs, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!