Company: Pierce Manufacturing
Posted on: January 11, 2022
About Frontline, an Oshkosh companyFrontline Communications, a
division of Pierce Manufacturing, has been the leading custom
communications vehicle manufacturer since 1985 and has built over
2,500 highly customized vehicles for this industry. Our team
members design and manufacture high-quality, reliable broadcast and
communications vehicles for electronic news gathering, satellite
uplink, field production, bonded cellular Live&Drive, and
weather reporting applications without the use of subcontractors,
all under one roof. As part of the Oshkosh family, we have the
unique ability to leverage our manufacturing, procurement and
engineering resources across the breadth of our organization,
making our products truly unique and built for
breakthrough.SUMMARYPerforms MIG and TIG welding and cutting using
gas and electric welding equipment with minimum
supervision.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives instructions, prints, and work orders for the
- Fabricates product by cutting, burning, and welding various
metals. Assemble parts by bolting, riveting or gluing.
- Able to use cutting tools and prepare materials for
- Constructs and repairs product by using welding techniques and
appropriate welding equipment.
- Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded. Sets up, assembles,
and tacks weld parts.
- Weld aluminum components (bench, MIG, TIG)
- Weld steel components (bench, MIG, TIG)
- Grind welds
- Use of brake press, shear, and other machinery necessary to
prepare materials for welding.
- Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from work piece to
prepare material for welding.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines,
dies, or work pieces
- Keeps work area orderly and clean.
- Follows all safety requirements.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Operates any equipment needed to perform job.
- Works overtime as required to meet production schedules.
- Interfaces with supervisor and co-workers on issues that
concern and affect them.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervision.The above
listed functions and responsibilities cannot specifically detail
all duties associated with the job. As the work place situation
changes, duties and responsibilities will be added and changed as
- High school education or equivalent.
- Ability to successfully complete company welding tests.
- Minimum one year certificate from college or technical school
and 6 months or more related experience.
- Proficient in MIG welding on steel and aluminum
- Pass Frontline on-site weld test, Flux Core Arc welding,
Vertical 3F 100---/co2 , prior to consideration.
- Attain Flux Core Arc welding 4F Overhead certification within
90 day probationary period.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Technical school certification in related field.
- Certified in operation of break and shear.*PROD100Oshkosh is
committed to working with and offering reasonable accommodation to
job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an
accommodation due to disability for any part of the employment
process, please contact us at: 920-502-3009 or
firstname.lastname@example.org.Oshkosh Corporation is
an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company
will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information
collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way
affect the decision regarding an employment application.Oshkosh
Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.Certain
positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled
goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants
for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in
these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen,
lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted
as a refugee or granted asylum.
Keywords: Pierce Manufacturing, Clearwater , Welder, Other , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!