Company: Caliber HomeLoans
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is one of the nation's fastest-growing
mortgage lenders. We didn't move into the fast lane because of
clever marketing campaigns or flashy television ads our talented
employees worked hard to help us rise to the top of our
Here at Caliber, we've replaced the stereotypical corporate culture
with a casual "dress for your day "work atmosphere that promotes
creativity and a collaborative environment that allows our team
members to thrive.
The Underwriter is responsible for reviewing all loan applications
for compliance with underwriting, investor, government, and
- Reviews/analyzes loan files submitted for borrowers to ensure
file meets loan program requirements. Includes individual analysis
- o Loan application
- o Credit profile/report(s)
- o Debt and assets
- o Income/financial statements
- o Loan values/loan-to-value ratios
- o Appraisal reports
- o Collateral and supporting documentation
- Identifies/calculates loan risk of loss.
- Conditions files for missing/supporting documentation.
- Revisits loans to review and clear conditions.
- Approves, counters or denies loan file.
- Escalates fraud files to Credit Manager/Risk Management
- Respond within SLA to all loan specific audits/findings.
- This position is considered a non-loan originator position,
this means participants may not engage in activities of a loan
originator, including: communicating directly with borrowers about
credit qualification or loan terms, including pricing concessions
or other transaction-specific terms or conditions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; 4-year college
- Minimum 3 years of residential mortgage underwriting
- Experience working with Fannie Mae Desktop Underwriter and
Freddie Mac Loan Prospector.
- Knowledge of FHA, FNMA and FHLMC policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of mortgage loan processing, compliance, investor
products and underwriting guidelines.
- Knowledge of mortgage insurance (MI) guidelines.
- Working knowledge of various fraud tools.
- VA/LAPP, FHA DE (CHUMS), & SAR preferred.
Our employees demonstrate the Caliber Ways of Work (WOWS) every day
- Collaborating Contagiously
- Caring Fiercely
- Doing the Right Thing
- Leading Thoughtfully
Caliber benefits and perks will WOW you!
Our benefits package includes: comprehensive medical, dental, and
vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k),10
employer paid holidays, as well as numerous employee discount
We are proud to be a military friendly employer, and provide paid
leave during military assignments for employees who serve in the
Guard or Reserve.
Employees who work at our Coppell headquarters experience
additional perks that include: standing desks, complimentary coffee
and tea stations, an on-site gym and activities center with
ping-pong and pool tables, and an in-house cafe.
Caliber is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Caliber HomeLoans, Clearwater , Underwriter, Other , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!