Retail Market Manager II-IV - Clearwater, FL
Company: Synovus Financial Corp.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Manages all functions, staff and daily operations of a full
service branch including accountability for the growth of assigned
retail market and portfolio. Oversees and is actively involved with
business development efforts, primarily in small business lending,
deposit acquisition, and customer retention. Builds personal
relationships with customers, prospects and team members and is
passionate about strengthening the community as a market leader.
Coaches and develops team to expand and develop customer
relationships while remaining focused on providing an exceptional
customer experience. Executes corporate and market-based sales and
marketing strategies. Hires and builds an effective branch team and
models Synovus' culture and values. Ensures operational integrity
by serving as the first line of defense with regard to preventing
fraud and mitigating risk.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages functions and team members of a full service branch.
Ensures overall branch success, including branch profitability,
sales, customer experience, and team development. Creates,
maintains and carries out the branch business plan and sales
- Owns the customer experience within the branch taking immediate
action to resolve customer issues. Ensures ethical practices are
followed in all activities related to the branch including
operations, customer treatment and overall sales and referral
- Develops and maintains a quality, diversified loan portfolio,
including various types of loan programs such as consumer, small
business and real estate. Ensures effective and timely management
of loan portfolio including working all loan renewals, collateral
exceptions, past due accounts and taking appropriate action on
trouble loans. Delegates the majority of consumer lending
activities to branch sales team.
- Manages and participates in outside calling activities to small
business owners. Collaborates with business partners such as
private wealth, financial planning, commercial banking and other
line-of-business segments to strategize and develop comprehensive
- Uses sales management tools to proactively identify, retain and
deepen current customer relationships and to identify and develop
prospective clients or centers of influence. Serves as the primary
contact for small business relationships within designated
- Establishes and maintains relationships with community based
organizations and actively serves in a leadership capacity in
support of bank goals and programs. Establishes and maintains a
strong sense of community within the branch.
- Protects the assets of the bank by aggressively managing credit
quality and minimizing losses. Reviews risk management reports and
coaches team on risk-related and/or quality issues. Maintains
prescribed security controls to protect the facility against
criminal and fraudulent operations and unnecessary risks of
- Ensures the operational integrity of the branch and ensures
team compliance with bank regulations, policies and procedures.
Keeps abreast of changes in federal and state banking regulations
and ensures that changes are implemented in a timely fashion.
Partners with Regional Operations Manager to address operational
- Communicates key information to the branch team regarding
changes to bank policies, procedures, products and services.
Provides coaching and training to team members regarding the
introduction or referral of products and services to
- Models Synovus' culture and values in everyday interactions
with team members, customers and business partners. Promotes a
positive work culture by increasing and supporting team member
engagement and develops strategies that reinforce Synovus' culture
- Manages coaching, development and performance of team members.
Supports team members by maintaining openness and approachability
and engaging with each team member individually to understand how
to most effectively motivate.
- Manages the annual performance management and merit processes
for direct and indirect reports. Coaches and develops team members
and builds a work environment where team members are engaged and
feel a positive sense of achievement about their role in the
company. Works closely with Human Resources regarding employee
relations, compensation, training, posting and filling vacant
positions and other Human Resources related matters.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their
functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures,
laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role.
Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected
violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or
related field or an equivalent combination of education and
- Two years of experience managing a branch or department in the
financial service industry of similar scope and scale with an
outside business development focus and proficiency in small
business lending. Or two years experience in an outside business
development lending role within banking, such as a business banker
or private banker. Experience managing a team and portfolio with
loans and deposits
- This position requires successful registration and issuance of
a unique identification number from the Nationwide Mortgage
Licensing System (NMLS) in compliance with the Secure and Fair
Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE ACT).
Registration must be accomplished within an established timeframe
after initial employment and includes a nationwide finger print
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of state and federal banking compliance
- Knowledge of branch banking and operational functions, bank
services and products, and related policies and procedures
- Knowledge of banking products including lending, deposits and
- Knowledge of consumer and small business lending, underwriting
activities, and applicable terminology
- Organizational and time management skills, with the ability to
provide leadership, supervision and training
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to coach, inspire, develop and lead a team to achieve
- Ability to continually support team members through individual
- Strong listening skills and a positive communicator
- Aptitude for effective problem-solving
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software products
Keywords: Synovus Financial Corp., Clearwater , Retail Market Manager II-IV - Clearwater, FL, Other , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!