Remote: Lead Principal AWS Software Engineer / Architect / VoIP
Company: j2 Global Communications, Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The Lead Principal AWS Software Engineer / Architect / VoIP will
lead a team of software developers delivering high-volume,
flexible, and performance systems in our best-in-breed enterprise
and mission-critical fax and document exchange customers. The Lead
will manage the coding practices of the team, perform code reviews,
mentor team members, and coordinate with Quality Assurance,
Technical Project Management, and Product Management peers to
deliver high-quality code that solves important business problems
in a predictable and repeatable manner.
- Full responsibility for delivering solutions into production
(working through operations teams).
- Full responsibility for quality of code the team is responsible
(either through personal review or thoughtful delegation).
- Coding is involved (this is not a pure management role).
- Responsible for training and mentoring developers on the team
and recommending actions around hiring, firing and promotions.
- Responsible for architectural decisions with consultation from
other members of engineering leadership
- Daily coordination of development activities with Product and
Project Managers and other Lead Developers.
- Working closely with distributed development and QA resources
in several countries.
- Assisting in the design and evolution of the company's software
development process and ensuring your team's compliance with those
- Designing and developing new features based on product
- Troubleshooting production issues and providing configuration
or coding changes to fix them.
- Refactoring existing code to improve efficiency, extensibility,
- Identifying and evaluating new techniques, tools, and
technologies to expand the team's capabilities.
- Reviewing test plans, test cases, and automated test scripts
created by QA team members.
- Participate in the development and evangelization of the Java
and/or Node.js coding standards within the organization.
- Displays solid fiscal responsibility by managing and adhering
to budgets and always seeking out operating efficiencies and
- Works with Technical Project Management to create and maintain
the prioritized backlog and schedule for the team.
- Demonstrates an inclusive, roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic by
showing a willingness to participate in daily workloads when needed
to make deadlines.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in telephony software
development, focusing on the use of C and C++
- Ideally, 2+ years professional development experience with
Node.js in a web application context
- 4+ years of experience in leading Development Teams
- 2+ years working within Amazon Web Services or similar cloud
systems for development and production applications, with an
emphasis on automated build and deployment, high availability, and
- 2+ years professional experience creating automated unit tests
in Java and/or Node.js
- 4+ years troubleshooting computer telephony issues in a
- Deep understanding of telephony technologies, especially fax
transmission protocols, including SIP, TDM, XMPP, RTP, data
transmission speed standards and their impact on call quality,
- Professional experience coding against the Asterisk, FreeSWITCH
- Professional experience coding against the Kamailio or OpenSips
- Professional exposure to multiple scripting languages including
- Exposure to DevOps and Continuous Delivery Tools such as
CodePipeline or Jenkins
- Proficient with Jira, Confluence, and git toolset
- Understanding of software development life cycle methodologies
(particularly Agile). Hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum &
Waterfall process environments
- Leading initiatives where teams were comprised of onshore and
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading teams in a
dynamic, fast time to market and customer focused environment.
- Consistently exhibits a personal accountability to outcomes to
all team members, peers, and stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to respond
quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and manage the team in Agile
- Professional experience coding against Dialogic SR140 cards and
Keywords: j2 Global Communications, Inc., Clearwater , Remote: Lead Principal AWS Software Engineer / Architect / VoIP, Other , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!