Pre Op/PACU Registered Nurse PRN (22241-147)
Company: United Surgical Partners International
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Safety Harbor Surgery Center is a busy, multispecialty
ambulatory surgery center in Clearwater, Florida that performs over
5,000 surgeries per year. Specialty areas include General Surgery,
Gastroenterology, Ophthalmology, Orthopedic Surgery, Pain
Management, and Urology. We are an affiliate of United Surgical
Partners International and our mission is to treat each patient and
every family as if they were our own. Each patient, each family,
each and every time. If you share our mission, please reach out to
discuss joining our team.
We are currently searching for a top-performer with solid
knowledge of Pre-operative and PACU/Recovery Nursing . The
PRE-OP/PACU RN has the responsibility to plan, direct organize,
coordinate and implement all nursing care services for the pre-op
and post surgical patients in a manner consistent with our mission
statement. Nurses work within both pre-op holding and a
post-anesthesia care unit, where patients are cared for and
monitored as they recover from the effects of anesthesia. The
nurses responsibilities include all aspects of patient care prior
to and following surgery. This care includes monitoring heart rate,
blood pressure, breathing and respiration, as well as managing the
pain and nausea that often follow anesthesia. Additionally they are
- Admits, transfers, and discharge of patients.
- Completes ongoing patient assessment and documents according to
- Participates in the development of patient plan of care to
include patient problems, goals, evaluations and
- Reports symptoms and significant changes in patient's condition
to appropriate personnel immediately.
- Assesses, collaborates and coordinates patient's discharge
planning needs and readiness for discharge with other members of
the care team.
- Demonstrates appropriate application of age specific standards,
policies and procedures and guidelines in caring for adult and
- Demonstrates proficient IV setting skills.
- Follows age specific standards in administering medications
based on patient's age.
- Follows age specific standards of care during altered states of
consciousness related to analgesia, conscious sedation or
- Graduate of an accredited RN School of Nursing
- At least two (2) years' experience as a Circulator RN in a
hospital or outpatient surgical setting
- Current, unrestricted RN license to practice in the State of
- BLS, ACLS, PALS Certifications
Keywords: United Surgical Partners International, Clearwater , Pre Op/PACU Registered Nurse PRN (22241-147), Other , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!