Company: Mease Manor
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Mease Life is a non-profit Retirement Community celebrating 56
years of providing services to residents including independent
living, assisted living, skilled nursing, rehab therapy, home
health, and memory care. As a non-profit community, we focus on the
best interests of our residents, not shareholders.
We are currently looking for a full time, to provide security
services for the campus. It would be a full time position with a
modified benefits package.
Mease Life offers full time Associates a Robust Benefits Package
which includes 21 Days PTO the first year, 401K,Hospital
Indemnity/Medical Bridge Insurance, Cancer Insurance, Pet
Insurance, Legalshield, Identity Theft protection, Bereavement
Leave, Employee Emergency Fund, EAP, Massage Therapy, Employee
Recognition & Awards, Employee Discount Program, Tickets at Work
Membership, Discounted Meal Plan, Employee Wellness Center with
onsite classes, Employer Contribution towards sponsored Charitable
5K races, and much more!
Security guards are responsible for patrolling the campus,
responding to incidents, monitoring exterior doors, and overall
working to ensure the safety of residents, staff, and visitors.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Conducts rounds at least every two hours on the interior and
exterior perimeter of the building ensuring all outer doors are
secure, free from unsafe conditions and that there are no
unauthorized personnel on the premises.
- Maintains daily log of rounds and reports any potential
- Stays alert and reports any unusual situations to
- Watches for signs of safety hazards and addresses as necessary
(i.e., checking areas of egress, blocked egress, fire hazards,
- Provides needed assistance to employees, residents, or visitors
(escorting to/from car, directions within and around the facility,
- Acts as the main point of contact during emergency situations
during non-business hours.
- Investigates and takes the appropriate lawful action as
authorized by Mease Life's on accidents, incidents, trespassing,
suspicious activities, safety, and fire.
- Neutralizes unusual or stressful situations calmly with tact
and the well being of our residents and employees in mind while
keeping self out of direct danger.
- Secures all doors, shuts off all unnecessary lights, opens same
doors and turns on all necessary lights, as scheduled in
- Identifies malfunctioning equipment and reports to maintenance
staff or supervisor.
- Relieves Front Desk staff for breaks and lunches.
- Follows established safety and infection control guidelines
when performing tasks (i.e., wearing proper safety gear to avoid
potential injury or exposure).
- Supports Plant Operations staff in operating the systems in the
- Responds to resident apartments in response to inquiries,
reports or any security-related issues.
- Responds to emergencies including fire, flood, smoke,
hurricane, loss of electrical power, etc.
- Operates fire alarm control panel as directed during routine
fire drills and actual scenarios.
- Becomes proficient in the operation of the simplex fire alarm
system, nurse call system in MAL and MCC, teltron apartment smoke
system, security camera system, WanderGuard system, electronic lock
system and wattstopper lighting control system, and other systems
utilized by Mease Manor.
- Completes accident and incident reports to document injuries
and losses of physical property.
- Inspects and monitors grounds utilizing safe practices (ie.
headlights at night and maintaining safe speed) while traveling in
company golf cart.
- Assists in ensuring the safety of staff, residents, and
visitors by identifying potential safety hazards to immediate
supervisor and following all emergency plans (i.e., evacuation,
- Honors Resident Bill of Rights.
- Supports Mease Life's mission and vision.
- As a legal and moral responsibility, immediately reports all
witnessed or suspected resident abuse, neglect, exploitation or
misappropriation of funds to the department director.
- All other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates must have a valid Florida Drivers License.
Possession of a Florida Security Officer License is strongly
preferred. Required Pre-employment Drug Testing and Level 2
All applicants must pass a drug test and level 2 background
check before beginning work. Refusal to submit to testing will
result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
Keywords: Mease Manor, Clearwater , Security Guard, Other , Dunedin, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!