Certified Sterile Processing Tech PRN Day North Pinellas
Company: Adventist Health System
Location: Tarpon Springs
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Certified Sterile Processing Tech PRN AdventHealth North
Location Address: 1395 S Pinellas Avenue, Tarpon Springs,
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth North Pinellas
- Great Culture
- Top Quality outcomes
- Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
- Leadership is accessible
- Located on the Gulf of Mexico
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Picks up used/contaminated equipment, trays, instruments and
carts from appropriate area including operating room at designated
times and processes for appropriate decontamination/sterilization,
use or storage.
- Inspects all instruments for cleanliness and condition,
removing defective items.
- Assembles and/or restocks all trays, kits and packs pursuant to
department policy and procedures and priority level, verifying that
they have been properly wrapped and labeled.
- Operates sterilizers, washers and other processing equipment in
accordance with department policy, maintaining accurate and
detailed sterilization records.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical and product terminology as
well as the location of trays, instruments, supplies and equipment
to expedite service.
- Resterilizes/replaces all dated items prior to or on outdate,
having a complete knowledge of sterilization methods, requirements
- Has knowledge of and observes all infection control policy and
procedures at all times.
- Complies with department safety policies, procedures and
protocol. Responsible to help ensure that the safety and physical
well-being of patients, family members, visitors and co-workers are
- Delivers items processed by Sterile Processing. Orders and puts
away supplies as needed.
- Works closely with the personnel in the Surgical Services
Department, the Outpatient Care Center, and other Hospital
departments in a cooperative effort. Demonstrates good customer
relations and good telephone etiquette, responsive to
physicians/staff/departmental and patient needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Previous sterile processing experience
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent and completion of an approved
Central Service Technician training course program.
- Membership in the International Association of Hospital Central
Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) or the American Society of
Healthcare Central Service Professionals (ASHCSP) required within 1
year of hire date.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- 1 year experience in a central service department and/or
related healthcare field required.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Certification in Sterile Processing
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- FACILITY SPECIFIC SECTION
FUNDAMENTAL INSTITUTIONAL EXPECTATIONS
Corporate Compliance Program:
- Complies with the Employee Code of Ethics, Employee
- Demonstrates compliance with all federal, state and local laws;
rules and government.
- Verbalizes understanding of reporting process of any actual or
- Recognizes incidents as defined and described in the Hospital's
Institutional Policies and Procedures
- Understands the method and reasoning for reporting
- Demonstrates ability to complete the Hospital's Incident Report
- Assists others in recognizing and reducing risk within the
department or other areas of the Hospital.
Environment of Care/Infection Control:
- Follows hospital and departmental Safety policies and
- Wears nametag identification and is aware of role in minimizing
- Demonstrates knowledge of role in Hazardous Materials and Waste
Program, including procedures to follow in case of spill.
- Demonstrates knowledge of role in the Life Safety Program and
participates in Fire Drills as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of role in Emergency Preparedness
Program, participates in Disaster Drills as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of role in the Medical Equipment Program
and how to report malfunctioning equipment
- Demonstrates knowledge of role in the Utility Systems Program
and the department(s) response to utility failure.
- Follows hospital and departmental Infection Control policies
Participates in the Program for Improving Quality
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities to improve
processes and patient care.
- Implements actions, as appropriate, recommended by Quality
Improvement Teams and the hospital wide Quality Coordinating
Is Knowledgeable and Complies with the Stated Institutional
Activities and Expectations
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with all team
members, patients and families.
- Maintains satisfactory participation and attendance at required
and non-required meetings and staff development programs.
- Maintains satisfactory work attendance
- Promotes evidence of adherence to the hospital confidentiality
- This position description reflects the general duties and
responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive
list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at
any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of
their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of
Florida Hospital North Pinellas and Adventist Health System
Provides care and safety of the patient while in the Operating
Room under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. By
knowledge and assessment of the individual patient and procedure,
the technician anticipates the needs of the surgeon and provides
this service while maintaining an aseptic and safe environment.
Represents the Department of Nursing in a professional and
courteous manner. This individual will often coordinate his/her
work to meet the ever-changing needs of the department/hospital.
Day-to-day responsibilities require good use of judgment regarding
timely and appropriate communication with the hospital staff,
patients and visitors. Recognizes the need for teamwork and
functions as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: Adventist Health System, Clearwater , Certified Sterile Processing Tech PRN Day North Pinellas, Other , Tarpon Springs, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!