Company: Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Location: Clearwater Beach
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Wyndham Grandis now seeking aSteward
(Dishwasher) to join our team at the Wyndham Grand
Clearwater Beach location in
The Steward is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and
proper storage of all china, glass, and silver, and ensuring the
highest standards of sanitation. He/she is also responsible for
assisting the kitchen staff in maintaining the cleanliness of the
kitchen and all storage areas; specifically for cleaning all
equipment, utensils, and the physical work area. He/she is also
responsible for assisting with proper food storage and
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel
or a related field preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift
- Ability to withstand temperature variations both hot and
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels &
Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations
to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest
or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and orderliness in all
kitchens, back dock, dumpster and utility work areas.
- Heavy duty cleaning of ovens, grills, sinks, walls, floors,
walk-in refrigerators and freezers and other heavy kitchen
- Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of
proper handling, storage, and sanitation.
- Be able to properly use chemicals to sanitize and know the MSDS
information of each.
- Service food for the Employee Cafeteria as specified by the
Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Operate the dishwashing equipment to ensure that all china,
glass, and silver are cleaned thoroughly and sanitation of such is
- Return all clean china, glass, and silver to its proper storage
location using care to minimize breakage.
- Knowledge of proper safe handling techniques for all chemicals
- Empty garbage from the Food and Beverage areas into the hotel
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury
to self or other employees.
- Follow the proper procedures in the breakdown, cleaning and
reassembling of all kitchen equipment, as needed.
- Follow all sanitation standards.
- Assist in the set up and breakdown of the restaurant buffet as
- Assist Banquets by supplying china, glass, and silver as
required by business demand.
- Breakdown and store necessary equipment as needed.
- Report any maintenance needed on equipment.
- Change the water on the dishwashing machine.
- Wash, rinse, sanitize, sort, and store all pots, glasses,
china, silver, and flatware.
- Clean and organize all designated areas to include sweeping,
mopping and washing floors.
- Be able to support any position in the Kitchen that is in need
- Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen
- Maintain a “Clean As You Go” policy.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the
world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands
strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer
the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our
iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program
in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together,
we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great
experiences, and our robust portfoliodistinguished by our leading
economy and midscale brandsdelivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by
Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham,
Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham,
Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by
Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham,
Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge
by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Garden,
Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe
in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels &
Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Wyndham Grand Clearwater
Employment Status: Full-time
Keywords: Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, Clearwater , Steward (Dishwasher), Other , Clearwater Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!