Pinellas County Government offers an excellent benefits package.
Find out What We Offer
Pay Range Hiring Range: $41,288.00 -
Working Title: Engineering Technician (Regulatory
Location: 440 Court Street, Clearwater, FL
Have you ever thought about working for your local government as
a way to help benefit the community? If you are someone with a high
attention to detail, who takes pride in their organizational
talents, and would like to join a team of dedicated professionals,
please consider this opportunity. The Engineering Technician is
independent technical administrative work that may include
assignments and responsibility to monitor and oversee different
facets of standard public works, engineering, or site development
activities. This position is responsible for the processing,
review, and approval of Right-of-Way Utilization Permits,
Preliminary Plats, and Bonds. These tasks require coordination and
interaction with members of the public, municipal staff, and county
staff. Work requires the exercise of independent judgment in
resolving routine situations, but problems of a difficult or
complex technical nature are referred to professional
Position Specific Requirements
Experience - technical experience in civil
engineering, construction engineering, traffic engineering, site
plan review, subdivision review, current planning or public
Education - major coursework in business
administration, project management, construction management,
engineering or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience as described above; or
- An associate degree or vocational trainingas described aboveand
at least 1 year of experience as described above; or
- A bachelors degree or higher as described above.
- Assignment to work a variety of work schedules including
compulsory work periods in special, emergency, and/or disaster
- Must be able to travel to and from local meetings and
- Development or utility engineering experience.
- Assists in the review of plans, permit applications, and
engineering specifications for a variety of construction projects
involving roadways, driveways, sidewalks, and utilities.
- Reviews preliminary plats, subdivisions, and site plan
drawings, using engineering criteria, survey notes and
- Reviews bonds, sureties, letters of credit, and insurance
certificates in response to private construction extending in to
the County's public right of way.
- Researches right-of-way vacating and provides back up to field
personnel as needed.
- Assist with the County's record management efforts, including
permit entry and tracking, bond releases, and data archiving.
- Performs related work as assigned or required.
Knowledge, Skillsand Abilities
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and techniques of
- Knowledge of construction specifications, plans and regulations
relating to public works contracts.
- Knowledge of some advanced mathematics and mathematical
applications to engineering computations.
- Knowledge of principles of civil engineering as related to
simple to moderately complex design procedures and engineering
- Ability to communicate well with the public and effectively
relate technical information to co-workers and superiors.
- Ability to perform technical computations and analyze
- Skilled in the reading and interpretation of civil or
construction blueprints and plans.
Below is a preview of the supplemental questions you
will have to answer during the application process.
What is your minimum starting salary requirement?
Of the following, which statement matches your education and
Experience -technical experience in civil engineering,
construction engineering, traffic engineering, site plan review,
subdivision review, current planning or public
Education - major coursework in business administration, project
management, construction management, engineering or related
1 = I possess at least 3 years of experience as described
2 = I possess an associate degree or vocational trainingas
described aboveand at least 1 year of experience as described
3 = I possess a bachelors degree or higher as described
4 = None of the above.
This position is required to work a variety of work schedules
including compulsory work periods in special, emergency, and/or
disaster situations. Are you willing and able to fulfill this
Please describe the most detail oriented responsibility you have
performed in your recent work history. If you do not possess this
type of experience, type N/A.
Please describe the most deadline driven aspect within a recent
position you have held. If you do not possess this type of
experience, type N/A.
For technical questions or issues, contact Pinellas County
Business Technology Services at: email@example.com or (727)
Certain servicemembers and veterans, and the spouses and family
members of the servicemembers and veterans, receive preference and
priority in employment by the state and are encouraged to apply for
the positions being filled.