Senior Auditor-AML Compliance
Company: Bank OZK
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- Bachelor degree in a business-related field (i.e. accounting,
finance, business administration, economics), or commensurate work
- Minimum of five (5) years of work experience related to BSA/AML
or consumer compliance auditing or commensurate work experience
operating within a bank consumer compliance or Financial
Investigations Unit department required.
- Related certification (i.e.,CPA, CIA, CFE, CAMS) preferred.. If
not certified already, willing to take the CAMS within one year of
- Experience working with federal regulators such as the FDIC,
OCC and Federal Reserve preferred.
- Experience with auditing software (TeamMate) preferred.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
Job Purpose and Scope:
Conducts compliance audits to assess design adequacy and
operational effectiveness of controls surrounding the Bank's Bank
Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering/Office of Foreign Assets Control
(BSA/AML/OFAC) Programs and corresponding adherence to applicable
regulations. Performs detailed, timely work to deliver complex high
quality, value added Internal Audit reports, which meet the
requirements of the Audit Committee and the Bank's respective
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs more complex audit tasks related to BSA/AML/OFAC
compliance audits of the Bank, its systems, applications and
- Works with Internal Audit Management throughout the lifecycle
of an audit (i.e., pre-planning, planning, fieldwork, reporting,
and issue follow-up).
- Executes a robust audit plan for assigned areas in accordance
with Internal Audit standards, professional audit standards,
relevant government statutes and regulations, and Bank
- Delivers timely high quality audit work and participates in
Internal Audit and regulatory issue validation and business
monitoring and governance committee reporting.
- Maintains current knowledge of latest trends in the industry
and adapts them for application within scope of job.
- Develops effective work relationships with various levels of
management and develops and maintains a good understanding of the
- Educates management and fellow audit members on the
BSA/AML/OFAC regulations and risks, Bank policies and procedures,
and current practices.
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively
advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
- Drives an automobile on company business.
- Regularly exercises discretion and judgment in the performance
of essential job functions.
- Maintains good punctuality and attendance to work.
- Follows Bank policy, procedures and guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of banking laws and regulations, including BSA/AML
and OFAC regulations, and as applicable, other consumer laws and
- Knowledge of AML transaction monitoring, including AML alerts
generation, investigations, and SAR decisioning.
- Knowledge of customer risk rating methodologies for commercial
and consumer customers.
- Ability to conduct BSA/AML/OFAC audits at the enterprise-wide
level and line of business level.
- Ability to apply an in-depth understanding of the
inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the
Bank and how they impact the overall AML control environment and
the audit approach.
- Ability to work on non-BSA/AML/OFAC audits, such as other
consumer compliance audits.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in
- Ability to identify, articulate and communicate important
matters to management and present possible solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities with
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly
to changing needs.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of
- Ability to produce accurate, thorough and timely work.
- Ability to demonstrate consistent attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate effective analytical, investigative,
problem solving and audit skills.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations inside the
organization and speak before assigned team and other groups.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Ability to work well with peers and department managers.
- Ability to drive an automobile.
- Ability to travel for business purposes.
- Skill in using computer and Microsoft Office, including Word,
Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Equipment Used in Job Performance/Working Environment:
- Multi-function device
Major Job Demands (Physical/Mental):
Note: This description is not an exhaustive list of all job
functions, duties, skills and job standards required. Other job
functions, duties, skills, and standards may be added. Management
reserves the right to add or change the job requirements at any
Keywords: Bank OZK, Clearwater , Senior Auditor-AML Compliance, Other , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!