Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global
Honeywell changes the way the world works.
For more than 130 years, we've solved the toughest customer
challenges through a rare combination of our industrial expertise
and our innovations in ground breaking software and technology, and
industry-leading automation. This perfection is built on a
foundation of inclusion, diversity and driving a performance
culture that values integrity and ethics.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We lead with software and innovation.
Whether we're turning mustard seeds into fuel, creating quantum
algorithms or making taxis fly, our software engineering team is
home to the world's leading technological talent.
We want software engineers who not only have a solid foundation
in coding, development, designing, testing and even hacking, but
who also have a passion for empowering the world and making it a
better place for everyone - today and tomorrow.
Honeywell's Aerospace Platforms Center of Excellence has an
exciting opportunity for a skilled Senior Software/Firmware
Engineer. This role involves low level SW development of board
support packages, including RTOS integration, device driver
development and debugging of HW and SW in the development on
aerospace electronic systems. We create the systems that support
application level engineering for products such as guidance and
navigation, satellite payload processing and mission computers.
You will work with the team that brings the electronics hardware
up and provides the low-level software to the product COEs for
application teams to develop their applications on. Your work will
extend to every product in the entire electronics world of
Be part of a team that designs, develops and integrates highly
complex software functions within Honeywell Aerospace. You will be
instrumental in designing, planning and coordinating work teams, as
well as providing technical support. You will also generate
innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel
ways to deal with problems and opportunities. You will interface
and exchange with internal and external customers, vendors and
suppliers throughout the life of the project.
We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with
Honeywell is the opportunity you've been looking for!
YOU MUST HAVE
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science-focused
line of study
* 7+ years of Embedded SW Development Experience (Full life
* Due to ITAR restrictions must be US citizen
* Currently hold or can obtain a DoD Security Clearance
* Strong experience with Embedded RTOSs, such as VxWorks®,
Linux, Integrity®, Deos™
* Strong experience in networking and computer
* Strong Aerospace embedded software development experience
* C & C++ language experience
* Assembly language experience
* SW verification and certification experience
* Experience with DO-178 B/C
* Understanding various software development lifecycle
* Knowledge of software configuration management and change
* Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
* Effective communicator with a wide degree of creativity and
* Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with
little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get
things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by
* Ability to find the correct balance between demand and
capacity when establishing priorities for the organization.
* Analytical skills & software development skills
* JOB ID: req247599
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 13350 US Hwy 19 N,Clearwater,Florida,33764,United
* Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color,
national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, or veteran status.