Customer Service Specialist (Part-Time)
Company: Humane Society of Pinellas, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2022
*COMPANY: * Humane Society of Pinellas
*JOB TITLE: *Customer Service Specialist
*REPORTS TO: * Customer Service Supervisor
*LOCATION: * Clearwater, FL 33759
*EMPLOYMENT TYPE: * Part-Time
*STATUS: * Hourly; Non-Exempt
*HOURS: *24 hours per week
*COMPENSATION: * $13.50 - $16.20 per hour (based on experience)
*SUMMARY: * The Customer Service Specialist is responsible for
facilitating HSP's admissions and adoption process. As an HSP
Customer Service Specialist you have one of the most important
roles here at HSP. It is the Customer Service Specialist duty to
not only match potential adopters with a pet best suited to both
the adopters wants and needs as well as the animals' specific needs
or limitations but also to work with those pet owners who may be
looking to surrender their pet due to a myriad of reasons. The
Customer Service Specialist must adequately understand and
effectively communicate the Humane Society of Pinellas' protocols
and policies, as they are one of the first shelter representatives
with whom customers interact. PetPoint software knowledge and
understanding is also crucial to this role.
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
* Follow established adoption assistance procedures, with an
emphasis on open-ended questions, matchmaking, relationship
building and education.
* Provide exceptional customer service to the public, volunteers,
and other staff members at all times.
* Greet all customers upon arrival and direct them towards the
appropriate department or area of interest.
* Accurately and completely process adoptions, holds, and foster to
adopts and owner surrenders.
* Review all adoption or surrender paperwork, policies and
contracts with adopters and pet owners.
* Assist with the HSP retail store's success, including achieving
sales goals, assisting with inventory management, purchasing and
* Cross-train (which may involve regular department coverage) in
other departments to understand the protocols and procedures, so
clients can be better assisted in all areas of HSP.
* Handle monetary transactions accurately and securely.
* Maintain adoptions and admissions lobby in a neat and
aesthetically pleasing manner. This includes daily sanitation of
floors, emptying of garbage containers and cleaning bathrooms.
* Participate in staff and department meetings and training
* Be prepared to assist in any disaster affecting HSP.
* Honor confidentiality of shelter business.
* Stay up to date with all procedure and policy changes.
* Follow and promote to the public all HSP policies and
* Handle animals humanely and safely at all times.
* Demonstrate a high quality of work standards and work ethics.
* Perform other related duties as assigned by the Customer Service
Supervisor, Operations Manager, and Director of Operations.
* Treat all volunteers and fellow staff members with respect,
effective communication and teamwork are a requirement at HSP.
*KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED*:
* Experience in a customer service-related field, preferred.
* Familiarity with PetPoint Animal Management Software a plus.
* Experience with medical and behavioral needs of companion animals
* Comfort handling all companion animals, including but not limited
to dogs, cats, rabbits, ferrets, rodents, and birds.
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, effectively
with staff, volunteers, and HSP clients.
* Ability to make sound behavioral decisions that support HSP's
mission and are in the best interest of every animal.
* Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Excel and Word.
* Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to
prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
* Customer-service orientation.
* Highly motivated and energetic, ability to show initiative and
* Ability to take direction and comply with behavior modification
protocols developed by the Behavior and Training, Operations
Manager and/or Director of Operations.
* Confidence handling both dogs and cats, including aggressive
* Ability to willingly attend and participate in training
* Ability to be discreet and handle highly sensitive/confidential
information in a responsible manner.
* Ability to handle diverse, simultaneous tasks, meet deadlines,
and attend to follow through.
* A positive outlook and vision.
* Must stand by the service we deliver.
* Lifelong learner who enjoys improving knowledge.
* Strong professionalism both in appearance and presentation.
* Can work independently.
Moderate physical activity performing activities to include:
* Sitting, standing, and/or walking for an extended period of
* Lifting 40 lbs. or more.
* Working outdoors in all forms of weather, including heat, cold,
humidity, sun, or rain.
* Using close/distant/peripheral and depth perception.
_No job description or policy of the Humane Society of Pinellas may
be interpreted to allow any employee, volunteer, or representative
to violate local, state, or federal law._
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.50 - $16.20 per hour
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
* What are your minimum salary requirements?
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
* animal shelter/adoptions: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Humane Society of Pinellas, Inc., Clearwater , Customer Service Specialist (Part-Time), Hospitality & Tourism , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!