Procedural Physician's Assistant PA-C Interventional Radiology
Company: Radiology Associates of Clearwater
Posted on: July 12, 2019
Location: Clearwater, Florida, 33756, United StatesPosted:
'2019-06-04'Position Title: Procedural Physician's Assistant PA-C
Interventional RadiologyCompany Name: Radiology Associates of
ClearwaterSector: MedicalJob Type: Full-TimeJob Duration:
IndefiniteMin Education: Master's DegreeRadiology Associates of
Clearwater is a thirty-five member private practice group serving
the Tampa Bay area for 55+ years. Our practice is currently seeking
to add a Physician Assistant with experience in a procedural-based
practice. The candidate will work closely with our Interventional
Radiologists to assist them in daily patient care, procedures,
office visits and consults. We offer a competitive compensation and
benefits package which includes paid time off, malpractice
insurance, health insurance, health savings, and 401k.
Procedural Physician's Assistant (PA-C) - Interventional
Based in the Interventional Radiology Department, the Procedure
Based Physician Assistant practices medicine within the scope of
authority and privileges granted by Morton Plant Mease Hospital
- Assists with the evaluation, management and treatment of a wide
spectrum of patients with different medical problems, procedures
- Works within a defined scope of practice and under the
authority of supervising physician(s) or by specific
The Ideal Candidate:
- Clinical professional who demonstrates a passion for our
mission, and who takes pride in delivering world class patient care
in a collaborative, learning environment.
- The successful candidate will be a superior communicator, an
engaged team member, and a knowledgeable, patient focused
- Provides patient care as a member of an interdisciplinary team,
working with many specialists to coordinate and optimize patient
- Correlates subjective and objective data to formulate a
differential or working diagnosis.
- Formulates treatment plans for medical conditions within scope
- May perform minor surgical procedures within scope of
- Prescribes oral and IV medications when appropriate, within the
scope of practice.
- Documents patient care in accordance with medical staff
- Assists the Interventional Radiology physicians in the
evaluation, management and treatment of patients.
- Work will be coordinated with other APP's and will support
- Primary specialty will be Interventional Radiology, but will
work across all specialties based upon the clinical needs of the
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, venous access
device placement and removal (ports, tunneled and non-tunneled
central lines), thoracentesis, paracentesis, image guided lumbar
punctures with and without chemo administration, performing
clinical consultations, patient history and physicals and obtaining
consent for procedures within their scope of practice.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree at minimum; master's degree preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Active FL medical license (or the ability to obtain one) and
certification by the appropriate accreditation body.
- Active BLS and ACLS.
- Experience in radiology, surgical or similar practice setting
To apply for this position, please send your CV to
email@example.com. No phone calls, please!
Keywords: Radiology Associates of Clearwater, Clearwater , Procedural Physician's Assistant PA-C Interventional Radiology, Healthcare , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!