Company: Halcyon Rehabilitation
Posted on: October 10, 2018
Tracking Code Glen Oak - PT - PRN Job Description Halcyon Rehab is looking for a PRN Physical Therapist (PT) in Clearwater, FL at Glen Oaks Health and Rehab Center. Physical Therapist must have graduated from an accredited college or university with Degree in Physical Therapy and/or graduating from an accredited college or university. Or, currently licensure or pending licensure as a Physical Therapist in desired state to work in. Glen Oaks Health and Rehab 1100 Pine Street Clearwater, FL 33756 Our 76 Skilled Nursing Facility provides our Physical Therapist with a wide range of skilled nursing and rehabilitation services for both short stay recovery, as well as ongoing supportive services for individuals requiring long-term care. Our goal is to meet the needs of our residents. We work to restore hope, confidence, and instill a desire to achieve one's highest level of independence. We want our residents' experience here to be as much like home as possible, and to achieve that goal we incorporate a full continuum of services. We take pride in assisting therapists in reaching a work/life balance coupled with professional growth. Tami Lynn McCoy Halcyon Rehab Talent Acquisition Manager - Office - eFax Halcyon Rehab Is A Therapy Provider That Cares---
At Halcyon, our approach to healthcare services emphasizes teamwork and personal involvement to create a compassionate, caring environment for our resident's. We do more than just meet their physical needs - we are committed to helping our residents live happier, healthier and more fulfilling lives through social interaction and enriching environments that promote independence. POSITION SUMMARY The staff Physical Therapist evaluates and treats patients/residents, communicates with families, physicians, and other health professionals and maintains documentation of services in the medical record.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS 1. Performs evaluations for patients/residents based upon the physician referral.
2. Develops basic treatment plans based on evaluation results including short and long term goals that lead to achievement of patient/resident outcome.
3. Evaluates and recommends patient/resident need for necessary durable medical equipment as per facility protocol.
4. Supervises Physical Therapy Assistants and Rehabilitation Technicians in direct patient/resident care and activities per state practice act.
5. Treats patients/residents according to treatment plan.
6. Screens patients/residents based upon identified needs.
7. Communicates with supervisor and team members regarding patient progress, problems and plans.
8. Communicates with medical staff, nursing personnel and other department supervisors.
9. Conducts in-services and training for facility staff on an ongoing basis as directed.
10. Attends and participates in in-service training for other facility staff members.
11. Attends and participates in interdisciplinary team meetings, patient/resident care conferences, utilization review meetings, and other meetings as required or directed.
12. Records clinical documentation according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines.
13. Correctly identifies and bills for daily therapy services rendered per approved billing guidelines.
14. Instructs families and nursing staff in restorative/home programs.
15. Provides patient/resident/family education and training and participates in family conferences for the purposes of discharge planning.
16. Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with patients/residents, facility personnel and support agencies.
17. Reports any problems with department equipment to the appropriate personnel so that it is maintained in safe and good working order.
18. Acts as a clinical mentor for affiliated Physical Therapy schools with approved contracts.
19. Actively participates in the supervision process: a. Review evaluation results, treatment plan and goals with PTA.
b. Communicates needs to appropriate program personnel.
c. Notifies appropriate personnel of unusual patient/resident findings in a timely manner.
d. Demonstrates an awareness of limitations and seeks supervision appropriately
e. Modifies performance in response to feedback 20. Must be able to travel between facilities as indicated.
21. Performs other duties as required or directed. EXPOSURE RISK: The Physical Therapist is at high risk for exposure to blood and bodily fluids. SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Director of Rehabilitation or Designee for both administrative and patient/resident care responsibilities. WORKING CONDITIONS 1. Works in well-lit/ventilated office and therapy areas.
2. Pressured work environment subject to frequent interruptions.
3. Willingness to work in other facilities temporarily, when necessary.
4. May be exposed to infectious diseases. Required Skills SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS 1. Current state registration/licensure or limited permit as a Physical Therapist.
2. Demonstrates professional behavior and appearance.
3. Attends and participates in continuing educational programs and in-services as requested, which may require overnight travel.
4. Ability to work on and comprehend computerized technology.
5. Protects patients/residents and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
6. Must be able to speak the English language in a comprehendible format.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS 1. Subject to lifting, carrying and supporting patients/residents.
2. Must be able to lift medical equipment, supplies, etc.
3. Must be able to move (walk, bend, stand, sit, push, pull, lift) intermittently throughout the workday.
4. Must be constantly alert for patient/resident safety. Required Experience QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Bachelor or Master's Degree in Physical Therapy. Job Location Clearwater, Florida, United States Position Type PRN
Keywords: Halcyon Rehabilitation, Clearwater , Physical Therapist, Healthcare , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!