Coordinator Clinical Services/Faculty (Rank TBD)
Company: College of Nursing - Nova Southeastern University
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health and welfare of its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Essential Job Function:
1. Assures that all students in clinical courses have current credential requirements in their student file.
2. Communicates plans for travel to clinical sites on a weekly basis to the Assistant Dean and participates in campus student activities and meetings as needed.
3. Recruits and evaluates appropriateness of clinical placement sites in terms of client population and preceptor capabilities.
4. Secures affiliation agreements with clinical sites in conjunction with university legal office.
5. Aligns the clinical component of the curriculum with the clinical experiences, assuring the needed experiences are available at the clinical site.
6. Provides guidance and direction to program faculty and staff involved in the coordination, support, and instruction of the clinical curriculum.
7. Secures, orients, and evaluates new faculty members and adjunct faculty in their support of clinical-year activities.
8. Provides critical liaison with appropriate offices, department and external agencies involved in medical and allied health education.
9. Assists the Assistant Dean with budget preparation and management, related to clinical-year instruction and activities.
10. Prepares appropriate reports and necessary self-studies related to program accreditation.
11. Composes, edits, reviews and approves learning objectives and test items for clinical curriculum.
12. Provides documentation related to students clinical performance and participates as needed in developing clinical outcomes measures.
13. Advises students on program progression.
14. Provides progress reports of clinical curriculum activities at faculty and staff meetings.
15. Serves on College and University committees.
16. Assists the Assistant Dean in evaluating teaching and learning effectiveness of the clinical-year curriculum.
17. Evaluates students in the clinical practicum setting.
18. Participate in state and/or local community service that is a recognized form of career development.
19. Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
2. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
3. Ability to effectively present information to students, public groups, or professional organizations.
4. Ability to apply concepts to practical situations.
5. Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
6. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables simultaneously.
7. Ability to travel multiple days during the work week within the state of Florida.
1. Maintains current Florida Nursing License.
2. Certified Nurse Practitioner, or able to be certified within 6 months from date of hire.
Major (if required): Nursing
Minimum of five (5) years of related experience and/or training, including research.
D.N.P., Ed.D., or Ph.D. in Nursing or related field.
Keywords: College of Nursing - Nova Southeastern University, Clearwater , Coordinator Clinical Services/Faculty (Rank TBD), Healthcare , Clearwater, Florida
here to apply!