PACU Registered Nurse PRN
Company: United Surgical Partners International
Posted on: September 19, 2022
We provide first-class surgical services for local communities
and recognize our employees as our number one assets. As a PACU
nurse at our facility, you have the opportunity to enjoy no calls,
no weekends and no holidays.
We focus on offering a high quality, ambulatory care alternative to
a hospital for surgical procedures. Specialty areas include General
Surgery, Gastroenterology, Ophthalmology, Orthopedic Surgery, Pain
Management, and Urology.
Job Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Pre-Op/PACU
manager, the PACU nurse is responsible for implementing all
physician orders, providing for the continuity and quality of
nursing care for all patients, with continual evaluation of the
patients'' condition, providing patient safety, comfort, and
privacy at all time. At times, assist the physicians in the
procedure rooms with various tasks, conscious sedation and
utilizing sterile technique as deemed appropriate.
Responsible for providing total comprehensive patient care to
patients emerging from general anesthesia and/or sedation.
Responsible for assessment, planning, implementation, and
evaluation of the patient and family in preparation for
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Currently licensed in the state
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS
- Minimum of 2 years experience in PACU or ICU
* SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Interdependent Partnering
- Good communication and human relations skills.
- Mastering Complexity
- Ability to organize and follow through on own initiative.
- Ability to master new skills.
- Thorough knowledge of all phases of perioperative process
including knowledge of surgical procedures and anesthesia
- Current nursing assessment and patient care skills.
- Telemetry experience necessary
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current license to practice nursing in the state.
- CPR certified. ACLS certification is required within 6 months
of employment if not currently certified.
- Critical Care or PACU experience preferred.
- Work environment
- Outpatient Surgery
- Physical demands (i.e. works on a computer, use of telephone,
lifts up to 50 lbs.)
- Works on computer, uses telephone.
- Intermittent physical mobility/activity including walking,
standing, sitting. Light lifting, pulling and pushing of carts,
equipment, ect. Must be able to bend body downward at the waist, be
able to kneel.
The above statements reflect the general outline considered
necessary to describe the principle functions of this job. It shall
not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements
of the position.
Keywords: United Surgical Partners International, Clearwater , PACU Registered Nurse PRN, Healthcare , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!