Home Therapies RN - Clearwater, Florida - Home Health
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Home Therapies RN - Clearwater, FloridaPURPOSE AND SCOPE: The
professional registered nurse Home Therapies RN CAP 2 may be an
entry level designation into the Clinical Advancement Program (CAP)
for new employees who meet the RN CAP 2 criteria or attained
through advancement from RN CAP 1. This position is accountable and
responsible for the provision and coordination of clinically
competent care including assessment planning intervention and
evaluation for an assigned group of patients. This may include
delegation of appropriate tasks to direct patient care staff
including but not limited to RNs LVN/LPNs and Patient Care
Technicians. As a member of the End Stage Kidney Disease (ESKD)
health care team this position participates in decision-making
teaching leadership functions and quality improvement activities
that enhance patient care outcomes and facility operations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:All duties and
responsibilities are expected to be performed in accordance with
Fresenius Kidney Care policy procedures standards of nursing
practice state and federal regulations.
- Performs all essential functions under the direction of the
Supervisor and with guidance from the Educator Preceptor or in
collaboration with another Registered Nurse.
- Performs ongoing systematic collection and analysis of dialysis
data for assigned patients and documents in the patient medical
record makes adjustments or modifications to treatment plan as
indicated and notifies Supervisor or physician as needed.
- Assesses collaborates and documents patient/family's basic
learning needs to provide initial and ongoing education to patients
- Directs and provides in collaboration with the patient home
care partner direct and ancillary patient care staff all aspects of
the provision of safe and effective delivery of dialysis therapies
to assigned patients.
- Administers medications as prescribed or in accordance with
approved algorithm(s) and documents appropriate medical
justification and effectiveness.
- Initiates or assists with emergency response measures.
- Serves as a resource leader coach mentor and role model for new
and incumbent employees by setting examples of appropriate behavior
work habits and attitudes towards patients co-workers supervisors
and the company at the facility and area level.--
- Ensures correct laboratory collection processing and shipping
procedures are performed and reschedules missed or insufficient
- Identifies expected outcomes documents and updates the nursing
assessment and plan of care for assigned patients through
collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Ensures patient awareness related to transplant and treatment
- Assists in the identification evaluation selection and
education of Home Dialysis candidates and Home Partners.
- Performs assessment and identifies barriers of the Home
Dialysis candidate's home environment and partner/ family readiness
and ability to perform dialysis treatments in the home.--
- Trains home dialysis patients and / or Home Partners on the
safe effective operation and maintenance of all Home Dialysis
equipment and treatment supplies through a formal standardized Home
Dialysis Training Program.
- Participates in education and quality improvement projects at
the facility and area level as directed by Supervisor.
- May serve as a Preceptor to new employees.
- Required to complete CAP requirements to either maintain or
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.PHYSICAL
DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:The physical demands and work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly
involves heavy lifting moving of patients and assisting with
ambulation. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide
- This position requires frequent prolonged periods of standing
and the employee must be able to bend over.
- The employee may occasionally be required to move with
assistance machines and equipment of up to 200 lbs. and may lift
chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. as high as 5
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise
- May be exposed to infectious and contagious
- Rotates coverage with other licensed home therapy staff as
assigned to ensure reliable and adequate coverage.--
- Position requires participation in on-call rotation night
weekend holiday or as defined by individual program needs.
- The position may require travel to training sites other
facilities and patient homes.
- May be asked to provide essential functions of this position in
other locations including patient's home with the same physical
demands and working conditions as described above.
- Day to day work includes desk work computer work interaction
with patients facility/hospital staff and
physicians.SUPERVISION:Assigned oversight of RNs LPNs/LVNs Patient
Care Technicians and Home Therapies Care Team Assistants as a Team
Leader or designated Nurse in Charge after meeting all the
- Successful completion of all FKC education and training
requirements for new employees.
- Must have a minimum of 3 months experience home dialysis
therapies as a RN.EDUCATION and LICENSURE:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- Current or successful completion of CPR BLS Certification
- Must meet the practice requirements in the state in which he or
she is employed.EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Entry level for RNs with a minimum of 2 years or more of
Nephrology Nursing experience within the last 2 years as a RN.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Orientation/Gender IdentityFresenius Medical Care North America
maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable
federal and state laws."
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Clearwater , Home Therapies RN - Clearwater, Florida - Home Health, Healthcare , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!