Medical Billing Coordinator Level 1
Company: Soft Computer
Posted on: January 15, 2022
RCM Enterprise Services(RCM) exists to serve the financial
billing and accounts receivable needs of our hospitals,
laboratories and other healthcare testing providers as well as
assisting the patient community at large with the complexities of
healthcare billing. RCM provides these services utilizing
sophisticated IT solutions, and world-class customer service.
The Medical Billing Coordinator Level 1 will be responsible for
identifying claims that do not have charges, have not billed, and
have edits based on payor requirements. Once identified, the
Medical Billing Coordinator Level 1 will be responsible for
obtaining the information required to resolve the errors/edits and
generate a clean claim.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Answers questions from patients, co-workers and insurance
* Obtain and update patient demographic information accurately.
* Successfully works between 40 and 60 invoicing and billing errors
and claim edits per day with resolution (any combination).
* Responsible for maintaining the claims queue (claim edits).
* Receive and complete any assigned billing or invoicing errors
from the Level 2 team members.
* Responsible for correcting or taking next action on invoicing and
billing errors and claim edits. This includes escalating complex
invoicing and billing errors and claim edits to the Level 2, 3 or
Medical Billing & Coding Team Lead.
* Required to contact patients for updated demographics.
* Required to contact Payors to clarify cause of edit.
* Level 1 should be faxing the information (requests for diagnosis
codes, or other required documentation etc.) to clients in order to
* Escalate any unanswered faxes to the Medical Billing & Coding
Team Lead for resolution.
* Distribute returned faxes to Coding Team for updated diagnosis
* Identify trends and patterns of claims edits or errors and
suggest possible system corrections to the Medical Billing & Coding
Team Lead and/or Director of Revenue Cycle Management.
An Associate's degree in Business, Health Administration, Health
Information Technology, etc. or a Medical Billing & Coding
Certification is required.
1 - 3 years of previous experience in a medical billing or related
position is required.
* Basic understanding of an explanation of benefits (EOB)
* Basic knowledge of CPT, ICD-10 and HCPCS coding standards
* Knowledge of computer programs.
* Knowledge of business office procedures.
* Ability to operate a computer and basic office equipment.
* Experience in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful
* Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
with patients, clients, employees and the public.
* Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
EOE of protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Keywords: Soft Computer, Clearwater , Medical Billing Coordinator Level 1, Healthcare , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!