Medical Assistant - AdventHealth Medical Group North Pinellas
Location: Tarpon Springs
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Certified Medical Assistant: AdventHealth Physician Group North
PinellasLocation Address: Tarpon Springs, FL
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Physician Group North
- Rollover PDO with service year increases in accrual
- Up to 3K Sign On Bonus & Relocation Available
- Comprehensive benefits package; including tuition reimbursement
and matching 403b plan
- Patient facing positions receiving company paid initial sets of
- Company Discount programs
- Growing Organization
Work Hours/Shift:Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Encourages and demonstrates teamwork by pulling charts,
following up on radiology and lab results, answering phones,
communicating with patients.
- Demonstrates care for one another by working all areas, open to
change, sensitive to department needs, effectively participates in
conflict resolution/problem solving.
- Collaborates with office staff on marketing efforts
- Communicates effectively with staff to ensure efficient patient
- Performs front office responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrates good communication skills respectfully and
courteously when interacting with patients, co-workers, physicians,
and colleagues within department.
- Pulls and preps next-day patient charts. Ensures all labs, scan
results, etc. are available day of visit. Passes key information to
doctors/clinicians and front office in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with doctor, personnel, lab and radiology companies
to schedule procedures and ensure efficient processes.
- Maintains efficient patient flow, exam room prep and addresses
all doctors' requirements.
- Demonstrates knowledge of office medical equipment and assists
- Maintains timely communication with patients re: surgery,
- Prevents casual overtime at all times and completes work in a
- Assists in controlling supplies and maintains inventory
- Enters charges for daily reconciliation
- Maintains efficiency in patient work-up flow and triage
- Maintains accurate legible documentation of patient medications
and messages, sample meds, and pharmacy documentation.
- Identifies problems that may affect patient safety and
efficiency in department.
- Demonstrates knowledge and compliance of Hospital guidelines
and regulatory requirements.
- Keeps current with new technology and updates on care and
- Contributes to the growth of the practice by managing patient
flow and recommending follow-up visits if needed.Qualifications
- High School diploma/equivalent.
- Current, valid CPR certification is required BLS (condition of
- CMA /RMA Registered or Certified from a recognized Medical
Assistant Program. This must be obtained within 90 days from the
date of employment.
Job Summary:The Medical Assistant provides appropriate care to
patients within the scope of the Medical Practice Act. This
individual assists in patient education. Also responsible for
assisting providers during the treatment and examination of
patients and administers procedures and treatments as ordered by
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: AdventHealth, Clearwater , Medical Assistant - AdventHealth Medical Group North Pinellas, Healthcare , Tarpon Springs, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!