Physician Scheduling Specialist
Company: Envision Physician Services
Posted on: January 12, 2022
OverviewEnvision Healthcare is a multispecialty physician group
and practice management company. Established in 1953, our
organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital
medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and
women's and children's health services to hospitals and health
systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement
Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined
forces to form Envision Physician Services. -As one organization,
we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national
physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local,
customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process
improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare
enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give
healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined
organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48
states and the District of Columbia. - If you are looking for a
stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that
is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may
be a great next step in the advancement of your career.We currently
have an exciting opportunity available for a remote Scheduler II.
The remote Scheduler II obtains clinician availability each month
and prepare complete hospital schedules for multiple service lines
and hospitals. They may be expected to recruit for part-time
clinicians depending on the division. - They must fill all open
shifts and emergency openings as they arise. - Scheduler II is
responsible for after hour's on-call duty on a rotating basis which
varies according to office location. - - ResponsibilitiesEssential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands and analyzes contract requirements to identify
available clinical resources for a site. -Works with Site
Management directly or indirectly to compose standard number of
clinician schedules based on assigned contracts and needs in a way
that meets schedule requirement while minimizing excess
compensation. Keeps Scheduling Leadership, Operations and Site
Management apprised of schedule status on a regular basis, engaging
their support as needed.
- Educates clinicians on scheduling protocols and guidelines.
Develops strong relationships with clinicians communicating via the
phone, text and email to understand their needs and gain
commitments to fill needed shifts. Leverages relationship to
persuade and influence clinicians to take on additional shifts.
Networks with clinicians to obtain clinician referrals to assist in
filling shifts. -
- Within the scope of the Schedulers established authority
limits, analyzes the situation and independently negotiates with
clinicians to obtain commitments to fill shifts on an emergency
basis while minimizing Increased Compensation. Escalates excess
clinician compensation requests to appropriate management for
- Establish strong relationships with internal and external
team-members. Work closely with credentialing, enrollment,
recruiting, CSS, payroll and client administration to communicate
schedules, following up on a new provider to ensure completion of
the process before scheduling for the first shift, or communicate
schedule status or problems.
- Problem solves with scheduling team members to brainstorm
issues, establish best practices, new approaches and provides
support in filling shifts.
- Demonstrates sense of urgency, flexibility and a positive
approach to problem solving within our fast-paced environment.
- Enters schedules into company data base and distributes as
necessary within established deadlines; reconciles and tracks work
hours and increased compensation for all clinicians and submits
information to payroll for processing; and provides various reports
to management as requested on a timely basis.
- Works On-call on a rotational basis, to cover evening, weekend
or holiday emergencies. Communicates problems to Scheduling
Leadership, Operations and Site Management as necessary.
- Adhere to all company metrics, policies and
- Bachelor's degree is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- 1-4+ years scheduling experience is required.
- Proven ability in cultivating relationships, delivering high
level customer service in a complex and high paced environment
- Recruiting experience, a plusKnowledge and Skills:
- Ability to show independent thinking, analysis and
- Demonstrated proficiency in scheduling and managing large
- Proven success with all the following:
- strong communication and negotiation skills
- developing strong relationships via the phone, text and
- detail oriented and able to multi-task
- team player, able to collaborate with and support others
- meeting stringent deadlines in a fast-paced team environment,
handling conflict with poise and working well under pressure If you
are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a
strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a highly
competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. -Envision
Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment
eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about
E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit
www.dhs.gov/E-Verify. Envision Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Envision Physician Services, Clearwater , Physician Scheduling Specialist, Healthcare , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!