Posted on: March 28, 2020
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
The Medical Assistant reports to the Center Administrator and
provides routine patient care within his/her level of training and
functions under the direction/guidance of the clinical supervisor
and/or the physician in accordance with relevant state
* Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that
demonstrate commitment to superior customer service, including
quality and care and concern with each and every internal and
* Represents the Company in a professional manner, following all
Company policies and procedures.
* Uses, protects, and discloses patients' protected health
information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
* Ability to obtain CPR certification within 90 days of employment
(Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for
the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross).
* Working knowledge of basic Medical Assistant principles and
* Greets patients in courteous and polite manner.
* Under direction and supervision of physician, administers
medications, administers immunizations, EKGs, ear washes, and other
patient services. Assists in simple office and minor surgical
procedures. Assists with the education of the patient and/or family
as directed by the physician.
* Performs venipucture under the direction of a physician or
advance care practitioner.
* Strong phlebotomy skills.
* Contacts patients as needed to give testing results instructions
from the physician and scheduling of necessary visits.
* Conducts all front office functions as requested.
* Answers telephone inquiries and triage calls.
* Maintains patient medical records in accordance with Company
policy and maintains proper assembly of medical records.
* Responsible for all laboratory duties including drawing,
spinning, prepping blood for testing and maintaining appropriate
* Maintains equipment and adequate stock levels of consumables in
* Acts as liaison between all independent lab services and the
* Monitors OSHA compliance of center laboratory.
* Enters all test requisitions and encounters in the computer.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Must have consistent, punctual and reliable attendance.
* Ability to travel may be required.
* High school graduate, GED or equivalent.
* Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for
the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross).
* Completion of one of the following:
* Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program with a
valid MA school, or
* Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), or
* Certified Medical Assistant (CMA).
* 2 or more years of relevant back office, clinical experience
required for those without an accredited Medical Assistant diploma
or RMA or CMA designation.
* CMA or RMA will be considered in lieu of experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
* Ability to evaluate patient needs, administer prescribed
medications, assist physician with examinations and treatment,
prepare and apply dressings, and instruct patients in health
measures and self-care as instructed by the physician.
* Ability to document and report findings and observations.
* Ability to perform EKGs.
* Ability to provide on-site emergency treatment within scope of
* Ability to complete a color blindness test.
* Must be computer literate.
* Ability to interact and verbally communicate effectively with
patients and all levels of personnel in a professional, courteous
and effective manner with excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to multi- task in a high paced environment with good
* Ability to follow written and oral instructions and to work with
* Knowledge of medical equipment and maintenance.
* Knowledge of HIPAA regulations.
* Ability to read, speak, write, and understand the English
What's the first thing that happens when one of the leading
independent medical groups in the country comes together with a
global leader in health care? Opportunity. With DaVita Medical
Group, HealthCare Partners, The Everett Clinic, Northwest
Physicians Network, MountainView Medical Group and Magan Medical
Clinic joining Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of
companies, people like you will find increasing levels of
challenge, impact and professional success. We're changing health
care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality
care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That
takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to
contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment.
Are you with us? Learn more about this exciting opportunity to do
your life's best work.(SM)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire
organization around one giant objective; make the health system
work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the
world's large accumulation of health - related information, or
guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for
millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and
uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group
family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds
and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to
reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high
performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter.
Here you'll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a
singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated
medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other
characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical
practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass
a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, Clearwater , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!