PTA- Home Health- PRN
Company: Mederi Caretenders
Posted on: December 3, 2019
The Home Health Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) performs
treatment and provides exercise instruction and patient education
aimed at improving/enhancing the patient's well-being while
following the established plan of care.
Mederi Caretenders, a part of LHC Group, is the preferred
post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families
nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute
care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have
partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the
home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about
- Under the supervision of a Physical Therapist, is at all times
responsible to follow all state specific laws governing the
provision of physical therapy in home care, to follow the treatment
set only as defined by the Physical Therapist; to perform only
procedures that he/she is qualified and trained to perform and to
make all recommendations for changes in the plan of care to the
supervising Physical Therapist.
- Following the plan of care, instructs and aids patients in
active and passive exercise, muscle re-education, gait, functional,
ADL, transfer, safety, and prosthetic training.
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising PT, the
supervising nurse, and/or the physician the patient's response to
treatment and changes in the patient's condition.
- Instructs patient, family, caregiver, and other members of the
health care team in the areas of therapy in which they can
participate to assist the patient.
- Visits patient according to Plan of Treatment; complete a
progress note for each visit and submits progress notes per LHC
- Participates in developing the Plan of Treatment.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as
- Adheres to LHC Therapy Standards of Practice in provision of
services to all patients.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Current licensed, registered, or certified to assist in the
practice of physical therapy in state of practice.
- Current CPR certification is required.
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: Mederi Caretenders, Clearwater , PTA- Home Health- PRN, Healthcare , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!