Director of Risk Compliance Management (Data, Digital, and Design)
Posted on: August 13, 2019
Purpose of Job "We are currently seeking talented Director of Risk
Compliance Management (Data, Digital, and Design) for our San
Antonio, TX or Plano, TX, Tampa, FL or Phoenix, AZ facility.
Provides second-line independent oversight and guidance regarding
business products, services, and processes through a compliance
framework to ensure they are executed in accordance with regulatory
requirements. In partnership with the business and key
stakeholders, continuously drives a strong culture of compliance
and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting
the interests of USAA and its members. " Job Requirements ABOUT
USAA USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40
Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For--, and we've ranked among
Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly-- Employers for 13 years
straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage
veterans and veteran spouses to apply. ABOUT THE TEAM The Director
of Risk Compliance Management (Data, Digital, and Design) will
assist in the management of USAA's Data and Digital Compliance
program to effectively oversee, supervise, monitor and enforce
compliance risk related to technology development and execution.
Daily interaction and consultation with all levels of Chief Data,
Digital and Design offices regarding compliance progress, project
implementation, management issues and legal/regulatory risk
mitigation strategies. This position will be responsible for
leading teams that building out and maintain a robust compliance
program to oversee the development and implementation of business
and technology solutions to enable compliance with applicable laws
and regulations across the Enterprise. This role, collaborates with
functional leaders and key stakeholders to identify, assess, and
mitigate all relevant Compliance risks for new and existing
products, capabilities and processes related to technology. The
Director of Risk Compliance Management position may have regular
interactions with regulators from the OCC, FED, and individual
states See what it's like to work for a company where your passion
meets our purpose: USAA Careers PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES * Provides
oversight and manages the changing regulatory environment.
* Directs the review of state and federal regulatory compliance
requirements to include analysis of business impact/operational
risk assessment for enacted laws/regulations and recommended
company compliance actions to insure regulatory compliance.
* Proactively identifies strategic and tactical regulatory
solutions by providing compliance subject matter expertise for CoSA
* Identifies compliance action plans that have regulatory impact on
the company's business.
* Directs research and feasibility studies to assess regulatory
compliance impacts and recommended actions on CoSA initiatives.
* Directs the implementation of appropriate strategic/tactical
solutions for compliance business requirements.
* Ensures adoption and identifies any outstanding compliance
* Directs the monitoring and managing of regulatory requirements
* Manages federal/state regulatory agency relationships to obtain
regulatory approvals and provides required regulatory feedback.
* Provides oversight for compliance adherence through self
assessment programs and examinations.
* Responsible for personnel actions for staff to include hiring,
coaching, employee development, recognition, performance
management, promotions, dismissals, and disciplinary action.
* Determines action(s) required to best allocate resources.
* Develops, monitors, and analyzes budgetary and/or operation
performance of department resources MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS *
Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu
of a degree
* 8 or more years of risk, compliance, or audit experience.
* 3 years of direct team lead or management experience
* Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated
* Expert knowledge of relevant industry regulations and regulatory
compliance in a specific area.
* Advanced knowledge of compliance laws, regulations and regulatory
* Previous experience developing executive briefs and presenting to
key internal and external stakeholders.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word,
Excel and PowerPoint PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS: * 8 or more years of
compliance management in technical fields to include data
management, digital development, design principles and experience
with agile development frameworks and/or other related fields
* Experience designing and implementing control frameworks;
experience with external assurance assessments (PCAOB, SSAE
* Working knowledge of modern technologies and technical
* Strong leadership and experience in a matrix environment
* Experience in multiple areas supporting Compliance at a
consumer-focused financial institution (i.e. Testing, Advisor,
* In addition to the requirements mentioned above, candidates are
also evaluated against job related competencies that are aligned
with performance expectations for this role
* These competencies are referred to as The USAA Standard and are
contained in the attached addendum The above description reflects
the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job. At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits
package in the business, including a flexible business casual or
casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision
plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals. Relocation assistance
is available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Clearwater , Director of Risk Compliance Management (Data, Digital, and Design), Executive , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!