Posted on: March 15, 2019
Tax Manager Career Site Location FL, Clearwater
Req ID 8043
Scheduled Hours Per Week:
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2018 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2018 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE, 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
Together, CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. is the 4th largest tax, accounting, and consulting provider in Tampa Bay and 10th largest in the country. We provide our clients with high quality, industry leading expertise combined with a personalized level of service delivered at the local level. From advisory, audit and tax, to valuation services and business consulting, we are known for being attentive to clients' needs and committed to maximizing all aspects of our clients' financial interests.
Our 150+ professionals serve clients ranging from private and public companies in more than a dozen industries; professional services and not-for-profit organizations; and high net worth individuals and family groups. Our Forensic Accounting team provides significant litigation support and expert witness services to our clients throughout West Central Florida. We work seamlessly across the entire Tampa Bay area bringing you a tailored approach to tackling your challenges and helping you achieve your goals. We have served the Tampa Bay market for over 25 years; first as the legacy firms of Kirkland, Russ, Murphy & Tapp, P.A.(KRMT) and Lewis, Birch & Ricardo, LLC (LBR), and now as CBIZ & MHM.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
* Serve as client s trusted advisor, demonstrates knowledge of industry trends, identify client issues and conflicts; proactively communicate solution options to client and team
* Manage staff on engagement deliverables (such as financial statements, tax returns, work papers, etc.); complete technical and strategic reviews as a member of the final engagement review team to ensure quality control standards are met; ensure on time delivery and on budget
* Demonstrate proficient technical skills for handling all client responsibilities, including knowledge of trends, industries, alternatives, etc.
* Understand the client s organization, procedures and internal policies
* Responsible for new client development in partnership with upper management; participate in client meetings, presentations and proposal development and meet individual cross serve
* Manage and retain multiple client relationships, engagements and special projects
* Develop overall engagement budget
* Consistently meet charge hour goals
* Responsible for billing and realization on assigned clients; explain variances
* Supervise, train and mentor staff; listen and communicate effectively
* Foster a team environment; demonstrates support of management and decisions and build a positive culture
* Participate in practice development activities that lead to the generation of new business and the opportunities for cross-serves
* Additional responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Qualifications Required
* Bachelor s degree required; Master s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field
* 6 years of experience in public accounting or related field
* 3 years supervisory experience
* Must have active CPA or equivalent certification
* Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
* Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
* Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
* Proficient use of applicable technology #LI-DNI #DNPCB
CBIZ.Jobs Category: Financial Services
If you are a qualified individual with a disability you may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling 844-558-1414 (toll free) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit these following pages EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement.
PAY TRANSPARENCY PROTECTION NOTIFICATION
Keywords: CBIZ, Clearwater , Tax Manager, Executive , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!