Chief Development Officer/VP - Development
Company: Ruth Eckerd Hall, Inc
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Chief Development Officer/VP - Development Full Time Senior
Management Clearwater, FL, US POSITION: VP &Chief Development
Officer STATUS: ExemptDEPARTMENT: Development REPORTS TO: President
and CEOSUPERVISES: Development DepartmentThe Chief Development
Officer plans, executes and evaluates fundraising activities to
achieve growth of resources to support the mission, including
annual and capital campaigns, major gifts, planned gifts and other
contributions. The CDO ensures effective oversight, cultivation,
acquisition, and stewardship of donors and grantors and advocates
for the organization in philanthropic circles. The position works
closely with the President & CEO and Board leadership to strategize
and identify prospective donors. The CDO provides leadership,
support, training and direction for the development team, modeling
and ensuring the highest level of ethical conduct in accordance
with AFP standards. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Build and maintain successful relationships with the Board of
Directors, colleagues, co-workers, community leaders, and
prospective and current donors.
- Ensure effective and frequent interaction with donors, greeting
donors before shows, hosting one-on-one encounters, and attending
appropriate external functions.
- Educate and enhance community understanding of The Hall's
philanthropic mission, in order to generate increased appreciation
and support for Ruth Eckerd Hall.
- Analyze, identify, and lead core development strategies that
will enhance areas such as planned giving, major gifts,
memberships, grants, sponsorships and other giving opportunities to
meet fundraising objectives.
- Develop, propose and implement an annual operating plan and
budget to successfully manage the development operations in
accordance with its mission.
- In consultation with the President and CEO, set both
development and individual goals for fundraising activities.
- Ensure departmental operational plans are aligned with the
operational and strategic plans of Ruth Eckerd Hall, Inc.
- Oversee a donor information system that ensures accurate
recording of gifts, prompts routine donor contact, tracks donor
recognition activity and ensures the confidentiality and privacy of
- Research and analyze donor profiles and giving patterns, making
use of leading industry practices and tools to prospect and
- Determine staffing requirements and hire, train and supervise
- Work with the President and CEO to identify, recruit, orient,
empower and engage Board Members and other volunteers in the
planning, identification, cultivation and solicitation of
- Provide accurate reporting on all aspects of development
- Professionally represent Ruth Eckerd Hall at all times. -
- Complete all other duties as assigned.Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree with CFRE or CFRM accreditation highly preferred.
Additional professional fundraising training and/or advanced
education in a related field may be substituted for accreditation.
Seven to ten years of professional experience in a not-for-profit
fundraising environment, including at least three years in a senior
position directly overseeing staff. Prior success in a leadership
role demonstrating campaign implementation and major gift
acquisition.Demonstrated Skills or Knowledge: -
- Strong understanding of tactics required to build and manage a
broad-based prospect pool.
- Skilled in moves management.
- Demonstrated success in developing and leading high performance
teams to accomplish goals.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. -
- Ability and desire to work in a cross-functional team
environment, building strong relationships with colleagues and
- Ability to multi-task and meet simultaneous deadlines.
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate people, tasks and
projects for efficiency.
- Ability to handle confidential conversation, correspondence and
- Ability to relate to a diverse group of people including staff,
board members, educators, students, community leaders and
- Ability to exercise a degree of judgment in setting up records,
maintaining accurate figures and establishing order of
- Ability to anticipate problems or to identify them before
significant impact on service delivery, expenses or revenues.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to operate a computer terminal.
- Ability to drive.Other:
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record.
- Successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
-Ruth Eckerd Hall, Inc. does not discriminate against any person on
the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in
admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services
and activities, or in employment.
Keywords: Ruth Eckerd Hall, Inc, Clearwater , Chief Development Officer/VP - Development, Executive , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...