Chief Underwriting Officer
Company: Frank Winston Crum Insurance
Posted on: March 19, 2023
FrankCrum is a Top Workplace!Frank Winston Crum Insurance (FWCI)
issues Workers'Compensation and General Liability policies by
offering flexible coverage and payment options to meet the varied
needs of businesses. Over the years, FWCI has grown from a
single-state insurance carrier to one that is licensed in 37 states
and continues to expand. In addition to regional and product line
growth, FWCI has enhanced its value-added services. What has not
changed though is the firm's commitment -echoed throughout the
family of companies - "always to do the right things for the right
reasons!"The Role You'll Play to Create SuccessWe are excited to
announce our search for an in-houseChief Underwriting Officer! In
this role, you will have the opportunity to promote sales and
client retention through excellent customer service by directing
and managing the product and underwriting operations for Frank
Winston Crum Insurance (FWCI).
- Directs and coordinates activities for the underwriting
management team and presides over underwriting for all lines of
insurance offered by the organization.
- Oversees the direction of the underwriter's performing analysis
and making underwriting decisions for the organization.
- Establishes policies and objectives in line with objectives of
the organization, conferring with other organization top
- Develops, implements, and makes appropriate changes to the
underwriting program and policies.
- Provides leadership to enhance the underwriting process and
ensures consistency in the underwriting process.
- Conducts underwriting analyses of high-risk accounts and
determines acceptability or rejection of risk.
- Audits and analyzes organization financial data and
- Interacts with government agencies and pertinent insurance
- Maintains and expands relationships with clients.
- Takes appropriate steps to grow the underwriting business and
make the organization more profitable.
- Creates, reviews, and evaluates documentation of department
activity.The Attributes We Seek Keys to success in this position
include knowledge of underwriting and commercial insurance
principles.Minimum of 10 (ten) years commercial underwriting with
significant leadership experience.Bachelor's degree in finance,
business, economics, math, or similar is required.Must possess deep
up-to-date industry knowledge that applies directly to risk
appetite, pricing, and book management including the impact of
industry trends, legal, regulatory, and jurisdictional
issues.Construction industry experience andCRIS or similar
certification highly preferred.Our Competitive BenefitsAlong with
this great opportunity, FrankCrum also provides exceptional
benefits from top carriers including:
- Health Insurance is $0 paycheck cost for employee's coverage
and only $150/month for family!
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability and Term Life Insurance at no cost to the
- Long Term Disability and Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Supplemental insurance plans such as Accidental, Critical
Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Legal Services and Pet Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan where FrankCrum matches 100% of the
first 4% the employee contributes, and the employee is immediately
vested in the employer match
- Employee Assistance Program at no cost to the employee
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
- Health Savings Account funded by FrankCrum
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Education reimbursement up to $5,250 tax free per calendar
- PTO cash out
- Tickets at Work and access to the Corporate America Family
- Employee and client referral bonus program
- Paid volunteer timeWhat's Special About FrankCrumFrankCrum, a
family-owned business-to-business entity since 1981 made of several
companies: FrankCrum Corporate (a professional employer
organization), FrankCrum Staffing, Frank Winston Crum Insurance
Company, and the FrankCrum Insurance Agency - all based in
Clearwater, Florida. This "family of employer solutions"employs
approximately 400 people who serve over 4,000 clients throughout
the United States. FrankCrum employees are trained to deliver high
value through exceptional customer service and treat clients and
coworkers like family. By living by our Brand Pillars (Integrity,
Affinity, and Prosperity) employees are recognized at quarterly
events for exceptional customer service and milestones in tenure.
The FrankCrum headquarters spans 14 acres and includes a cafe,
subsidized for employees. Menus include made-to-order breakfast,
hot lunch options and even dinners that can be ordered to-go, all
at very affordable prices. The cafe also plays host to monthly
birthday and anniversary celebrations, eating and costume contests,
and yearly holiday parties. Through the input of its own employees,
The Tampa Bay Times has recognized FrankCrum as a Top Place to Work
for more than 10 years in a row! FrankCrum also supports several
community efforts through Trinity Cafe, the Homeless Empowerment
Program, and Clearwater Free Clinic!If you want to play this role
to positively impact our client's day-to-day business, then apply
now!FrankCrum is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not
discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status,
age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and
pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression
(including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status,
military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability,
genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.
Keywords: Frank Winston Crum Insurance, Clearwater , Chief Underwriting Officer, Executive , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...