Program/Project Management Senior - (Credit Card Portfolio)
Location: Safety Harbor
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Purpose of JobWe are seeking dedicated Program Project
Management Seniors to support the Credit Card Portfolio Management
Team. This role will report to the Director, Program/Project
Management for this team. The Retail Bank, Credit Card team sits in
the Retail Bank organization (Deposits, Card, Risk, Payments), and
is a team that facilitates Member financial flexibility &
empowerment through tailored value propositions and experiences
which provide real value and meet Members where their credit needs
exist. This role will provide lean governance to all technology
projects in Credit Card, handle investments, prioritization of
Epics and/or Features, tracking value delivery and will partner
with internal partners/team members like Business Owners, Product
managers, Product Owners, Risk Management, Finance, Legal,
Information Technology, Operations.
There are two positions available for this role.
The individuals selected for this role facilitates and drives the
planning, execution, and delivery of moderately complex non-IT work
efforts intended to accomplish business goals and objectives within
prescribed timeframes and budgets. Demonstrates an advanced
understanding of how activities contribute to the achievement of
strategic business goals and operational objectives. Collaborates
with key collaborators, vendors and project/program teams to
identify mutually beneficial outcomes for challenging priorities
and negotiate timelines to ensure objectives are met.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have
found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both
worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from
home. The actual onsite days are settled between each employee and
the employee's manager. Candidates are expected to live a
commutable distance from one of our offices in San Antonio, TX,
Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, or Charlotte, NC.
**For related project experience to be considered outside of a
(Program/Project Management OR Change Partner) title, please upload
a project list of all program/project management experience. The
project list should include: project summary, role, and project
timeframe (including percentage of time dedicated to the project,
i.e. March2018-May 2019, 50% of time). Failure to provide this
documentation may result in disqualification.**Job
RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Primary
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Drives implementation of low to moderately complex work
efforts, working closely with cross-functional teams and resources
to achieve multiple program and project achievements within
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities for moderately
complex work efforts through the development work efforts plans
intended to accomplish goals and objectives within prescribed
timeframes, scope and budgets.
- Ensures consistent visibility for teams by monitoring and
reporting business objectives, work efforts achievements, and key
- Communicates with team members and provides insight on issues
through root cause analyses.
- Facilitates collaboration on creative alternatives to work
efforts challenges with subject matter experts.
- Removes obstacles and impediments to ensure business and
operational objectives are met.
- Develops and tracks project budgets that may include necessary
capital expenditures, operational expenses, and labor funding
- Identifies and applies best practices and needed process
improvements; drives adoption and challenges standards.
- Ensures compliance with company and regulatory policies and
- Monitors project execution to deliver incremental business
- Participates in the creation of the master work efforts plan
from the underlying plans (if applicable).
- Assists in defining the control and the overall delivery of the
work efforts to meet the goals, objectives and success
- Establishes overall cadence for communication with impacted
partners, and provides framework for underlying work efforts(s)
- Participates in work effort closure activities to determine
benefit / business impact realization.
- Manages risk by using best risk management practices to address
execution challenges associated with quality, schedule and cost, in
adherence with risk management framework.
- Adheres to EPMO processes, procedures, controls, standards,
tools and templates (as required).
- Drives the adoption and sustainment of changes within the
organization in compliance with USAA's Change Management
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree (10 years total experience).
- 6 years of relevant experience in project or program
management, including planning, tracking and delivery.
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated application of project
management tools and methodologies.
- Collaboration skills in a matrixed environment including
providing consultative guidance to help solve enterprise level
- Possess an understanding of scope definition, process and
solution mapping; process structures and components; and standard
project planning methodologies.
- Experience supporting projects with complex deliverables
including information technology and dependencies across
- In-depth understanding of risk management policies and
- 3+ years financial service or similar highly regulated industry
- 2+ years of Credit Card experience in financial/business
analysis, accounting, and portfolio optimization practices.
- 2+ years SAFe Agile working experience.
- Possesses at least one of the following certifications: SAFe
Program Consultant (SPC) and/or SAFe Lean Portfolio Manager (LPM)
and/or Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Experience facilitating project and product management lean
portfolio ceremonies or planning sessions.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly articulate complex issues,
risks, and proposed solutions to various level of management,
- Experience working with cross functional business and IT
partners to lead strategic project and roadmap initiatives.The
above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective
process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure
we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based
on your experience and market data of the position. The salary
range for this position is: $97,200 - $175,000. -Employees may be
eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and
individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors.Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class
benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional
wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and
vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits,
adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus
16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
assists employees with their professional goals.For more details on
our outstanding benefits, visit our benefits page on
USAAjobs.com.Relocation assistance is not available for this
position.#FSBUSAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: USAA, Clearwater , Program/Project Management Senior - (Credit Card Portfolio), Executive , Safety Harbor, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!