Assistant Manager/Storage Consultant
Company: Value Store It Self Storage
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Value Store It Self Storage is one of the premier self-storage
operators in Southeastern United States. We deliver quality storage
solutions for homes and businesses.SUMMARY: The Storage Consultant
is the first line representative to Value Store It Self Storage's
customer in the Store Manager's absence. The Storage Consultant may
be either full or part time and may also be assigned to multiple
sites to provide support or fill in when a manager is off duty.
This position is responsible for maintaining the daily operations
of a site. Assistance resulting in superior performance in revenue,
delinquency management, occupancy, maintaining cleanliness
standards and customer service is required. The position works
under the direction of the Property Manager and the District
Manager. Storage Consultants, who work 35 or more standard hours
weekly, are eligible for health insurance, life insurance, dental
insurance, 401(k), paid vacations, holidays, monthly incentives and
other generous benefits.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports sales objectives and revenue growth through:
- Maximizing conversion of telephone and walk-in inquiries into
- Promoting Value Store It Self Storage in the community.
- Assists with maintaining financial controls and achieving
financial goals by:
- Accurately handling cash and balancing receipts.
- Making collections, posting payments and processing daily bank
deposits accurately and timely
- Participating in collecting past due accounts.
- Accounting using the QuickBooks software.
- Consistently practices effective customer service techniques
- Answering phones in a friendly, pleasant, and professional
- Greeting customers promptly, enthusiastically and
- Knowing and presenting the features and benefits of the
property at all opportunities.
- Resolving customer problems timely and effectively.
- Supports timely and accurate administrative processes
throughout all job duties by:
- Maintaining accurate records for each customer including
contracts, insurance, and change of addressforms, addendums, and
any correspondence to or from customers.
- Effectively utilizes computer systems in the Microsoft Windows
- Monitoring accurate merchandise inventory.
- Compiling assigned reports and projects correctly and
- Consulting the Policy & Procedures manual on a regular basis
for answers, clarifications,and consistency.
- Effectively directs Maintenance Workers to assist with
successful running of the facilityand accomplishment of duties in
the Property Manager's absence.
- Monitors security system; performs lock checks on a daily
- Performs minor maintenance and custodial duties; cleans vacated
units on a timely basis.
- Keeps golf cart, company units, and grounds clean and free of
debris at all time.
- Takes necessary action to meet company standards of appearance
- Assists customers with truck rentals at some locations.
- Performs other duties as assigned; works with minimum direct
supervision; operates effectivelyon a team.SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Storage Consultant has no supervisory
responsibilities but will assist with direction of the Maintenance
Workers in absence of the Property Manager.QUALIFICATIONS: To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Value Store It Self Storage seeks employees that have
entrepreneurial, pro-active, "can-do" mentalities, positive
attitudes, can handle change, and operate with integrity.
Employment with Value Store It Self Storage is contingent on
successful completion of a background and drug screening. Employees
must have a current driver's license* and must be able to travel to
a number of properties.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A High School
diploma/GED equivalent and at least one year of related experience
and/or training in direct sales, retail and/or customer service is
required. Leadership skills and experience supervising others is
helpful for growth potential.LANGUAGE SKILLS: Incumbent must have
the ability to write routine reports and correspondence, use a
computer, and present information to groups of managers, clients,
customers, and the general public in English. Ability to read and
interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance
instructions, and procedural manuals in English is
required.REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense
understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,
or diagram form and the ability to deal with problems, new
challenges and change is necessary.WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. The employee will generally split time
between an office environment and outside work tasks. These outside
tasks may need to be performed in either extreme cold or extreme
heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate.General Facility Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM,
Sat. 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM, Sunday 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM, at most
locations (generally two days off per week; not typically
Saturday)*Job Type being offered: Full time
Keywords: Value Store It Self Storage, Clearwater , Assistant Manager/Storage Consultant, Executive , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!